24

JiU kept running even after she went through the portal. She didn't know where to go. She laid against a tree and slid down into a feeble position.

She could only think of one person right and how much she longed for a hug from that person.

"Yoohyeon." She said while closing her eyes.

"JiU?" JiU opened her eyes and she looked at Yoohyeon. Yoohyeon immediately saw her eyes tear up and hugged her.

JiU couldn't help but cry after being in the embrace of Yoohyeon. It's like the gods have answered her call by sending a demon to her side.

When JiU stopped crying, Yoohyeon broke the hug and looked into her eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asked full of worry.

"I saw my parents." JiU said. Yoohyeon looked at her confused.

"Isn't that a good thing?" She asked while tilting her head.

"Not when they just want to tell you that you have to take over the throne." JiU said.

"Did they not say anything else?" Yoohyeon asked.

"The only thing they did was talk about the family business. They didn't even say anything like, 'we missed you Minji', or 'We love you', or anything like that!" JiU said. Tears started to fall again and Yoohyeon didn't know what to do.

She felt so powerless when she saw JiU cry. She wanted to stop it somehow, but didn't know how to. Instead, she just hugged her.

"Are you in a bad mood?" She asked. JiU nodded.

"Then I'm in a bad mood too. Remember?" JiU nodded again. Yoohyeon tightened the hug.

"Let's be in a bad mood together." She said. JiU felt touched and started to cry even more. They sat like that for a while hugging under a tree on campus. People stared, but they didn't care.

JiU broke the hug and stared at Yoohyeon for a little bit, Yoohyeon wiped the tears off of JiU's face with her thumb.

"What brought you here?" JiU asked while sniffling a little bit. Yoohyeon just scratched the back of her head.

Should I tell JiU about the black demon right after she had this breakdown? She asked herself in her head.

Seeing Yoohyeon act like this, JiU looks at her.

"You have something on your mind. What is it?" She asked curiously. Yoohyeon sighed.

"You have a lot of pressure on you already. I don't want to add more." She said. JiU looked at her confused.

"If it's important, then tell me. If it's not, then tell me. I'll always listen to you even if it will add onto the stress." JiU said looking serious. Yoohyeon just nodded.

"I heard a voice in my head." Yoohyeon said. She looked towards JiU who looked at her shocked.

"You too?" She asked. Yoohyeon nodded.

"Did they tell you who they were?" She asked. Yoohyeon thought for a bit whether to tell her or not. JiU seeing her hesitate wanted to know who it was even more.

"The Black Demon got into my head." Yoohyeon said while looking down afraid of what reaction JiU would give her.

"W-what?" JiU asked.

"The Black Demon spoke to me." Yoohyeon repeated still not looking at JiU.

"What did he say?" 

"He told me to follow in his steps and complete his quest." JiU froze and looked directly at Yoohyeon. 

"What did you tell him?" She asked. Yoohyeon looked at her in the eyes.