1

He stayed still in his seat, staring up at the gun pointed to his head

He stayed still in his seat, staring up at the gun pointed to his head. He gave the man a defiant glare. His eyes sparkling and a smirk appearing on his face, watching as the man looked away from him for a spilt second.
"never look away."

________________________________

Jaemin grabbed the folder from the nurse, filled with thousands of loose papers. Opening it, he started searching through the papers, trying to find just one. The one he needed for this patient.
"ah, here it is"

he said smiling and turned back to the patient.
"this is the note you need to read through, we'll be back here soon. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask them."

The patient smiled and thanked him. Seohyun bowed and walked out of the room, followed by Jaemin.

"you are doing a good job Jaemin"
Seohyun whispers as they walked down the quiet hallway. It was the time where most of the patients slept, so they have to remain as quiet as possible.

"of course I am, you're the one teaching me"
She held back a laugh from embarrassment, instead just slapping his shoulder.

The couple walked down the halls to the cafeteria where they would grab some food and walk down the hallways, peeking into the rooms to ask if they want something to eat.

Jaemin grabs the tray with some tea on it and puts it on the cart they would push around.
"hey you guys, I'm going to be doing this today."another nurse called out, walking at a fast pace over to them.

The nurse was the head nurse, the one who told people when they could and couldn't go on break. She also did it for some of the doctors, like Seohyun.
"you two can take a break"

They bowed and thanked her before quickly walking off so they don't get caught up in more work.

Jaemin and Seohyun go their seperate ways into the bathrooms, changing into their normal clothes so they could leave the hospital without getting weird stares.

They finished changing and quickly got out of the bathroom to see each other walking out at the same time.
"perfect timing"
He said smiling widely while staring at her with heart eyes. He took her hand and they quickly walked past everyone, managing to get out of the hospital without anyone disturbing them.

They walked down the street is silence, arriving at the cafe and ordering their usual. A sandwich and a coffee to wake them up.

It was tiring working at the hospital. Most of the workers drink coffee to keep their energy, some drink it even if they don't like it, because it wakes them up.

They get their food and coffee, walking over to a table next to the window and sat down across from each other.

Jaemin was the first to break the comfortable silence they had.
"my studies have been going great! I understand everything now, I should be able to pass this assignment with an amazing grade!"
he said, more like hoping. He had been working really hard on this assignment, studying when he should be taking a break, and even studying instead of sleeping.

but it is working out for him. He is finally understanding it all overall. He lazily puts his hand on the table, reaching across for her hand. Their hands interlocking, melting into each other's grip, sweet smiles reflecting from one another.

they drink and eat the food they ordered in silence, enjoying the moment and mostly the food. Two pure twenty five year olds on a sweet date during their break, both dreading going back to work.

Jaemin let go of her hand first and stands up, going to put their rubbish in the bin. Seohyun held her coffee and smiled at him.
"I haven't finished it yet.."
he nods and his lips quirk up as he leaves the table to go to the bin.

Once he returns they leave the shop together and make their way back to the hospital. Jaemin grabs her hand and puts their hands in his pocket, and she can only blush by his sudden action.

His phone starts ringing, causing Seohyun to jump. It was rather quiet so the sudden ringing scared her. He laughed at her and teased her for getting scared by the sound. She rolls her eyes with a happy smile on her face.

The phone stopped ringing and Seohyun stares at Jaemin confused.
"you aren't going to answer?"
He shook his head and shrugged his shoulders with an uneasy grin.

even though she was beyond curious she ignored it and continued walking while admiring the view around her.

his phone started ringing again, he ignored and the process kept going until he got annoyed. he pulled his phone out of his pocket and glared at the screen, reading the contact before accepting the call.

he tapped Seohyun shoulder, mouthing the word's
"it's my friend"
she smiled at him and gestured that she was going to go ahead of him. He nods and stops walking to talk to his friend.

she runs ahead to the hospital considering she knew was busy today and that'll she will need to help everyone.

Jaemin mumbled into his phone, holding it to his ear lazily as he hummed at his friends words.
"yeah yeah it's fine~"
he said while fiddling with his jacket's zipper. His friend said a few more words then hung up without hearing Jaemin's reply.
"rude"
Jaemin scoffed looking at his phone seeing his friend ended the call. Jaemin laughed and quickly ran ahead to get to the hospital.

"soon enough I'll be skilled enough to get a job in this hospital!"
he said looking up at the tall elegant looking hospital.
"soon enough.."

His words trailed off and a smirk placed its self smugly on his face.
"who am I kidding? I already have a job."