42

The rest of the group returned after chasing those who ran away

The rest of the group returned after chasing those who ran away. They all arrived around the same time with panicked expressions across their face after hearing that haechan sounded hurt.

Seohyun got back into the car, dropping the gun and sitting beside haechan. she touched his arm as gently as she could and examined it carefully.

"why don't we just take you to the hospital, I'll help you there."
haechan shook his head, disagreeing with her idea. he gripped onto his wound, biting his lips to stop a cry to escape.

Haechan cried out a scream as he held back some tears from the pain. Renjun jumped into the backseat of the car, sitting next to Seohyun while looking at haechan who was already looking at him.

"how did you get shot like that?!"

"I put my fucking arm up to stop it hitting seohyun that's fucking how."
Haechan yelled out as he couldn't control his voice with the unbearable pain.

Seohyun looked around the car and found an old piece of cloth on the floor which she immediately grabbed and ripped it into long pieces to wrap around his arm. She careful held his arm and wrapped the fabric around as Mark started the car, reversing back onto the street before speeding on the streets again.

this time with no fun involved as haechan was yelling in pain and non-stop whining until renjun and Seohyun swapped spots, and renjun covered his mouth with his hand.

"I love you bro but you are so loud."

everyone giggled, even haechan half giggled but he squeezed his eyes shut, biting his own lip to stop his yelling.

Seohyun leaned forward to the seat in front of her, where Jaemin was sitting. She wrapped her still bandaged arms around his neck, hugging him as she was basically standing.

Jaemin placed his hands on her arm, feeling happy she decided to give him some affection. She brought herself towards Jaemin as best as she could considering there was a seat separating them, and she leaned into Jaemin's ears.

"I feel bad."
she whispers, her breath fanning his ears sending chills down his spine.
"why?"

"haechan got hurt because of me.."

he looks back at her, seeing her lips in a small pout. Jaemin smiles gently, lifting his hand up to her face, resting it on her cheek. his thumb caressing her cheek.
"don't feel bad honey, you did well"

"why is he in so much pain-"

"he is in more shock, that's why he is crying. usually he doesn't get hurt during these missions."

Seohyun hums, acknowledging that haechan would be alright but she couldn't help but feel guilty. she leaned away from Jaemin, sitting back in her seat properly again.

she glanced over to haechan, seeing that renjun was taking care of him even though they were having a playful banter. haechan seemed more calm then before, he wasn't screaming or crying anymore. he just was hissing or moaning in pain whenever renjun accidentally touched his arm.

they arrive back at the base, once again Seohyun was told to not look which she was already doing. she leaned down and stared at her feet.

they pulled into the garage and renjun and haechan rushed out of the car to get into the infirmary.

"soehyun can you come with us? you're a doctor."

Seohyun nods and quickly follows after them, leaving the rest of the group at the car helping each other take everything they didn't need anymore off.

"is she really going to move away? she seems more comfortable now, and she is already killing people-"

"she is killing because she doesn't want to die."
Jaemin deadpanned, pulling the belt off him, holding in his grasp. he knew that she didn't want to hurt anyone, and she would only hurt those who try to hurt her. she was too innocent for this world of the mafia.

"plus I don't know if she will leave or not. It's up to her if she leaves.."
as much as those words hurt Jaemin, he couldn't do anything about it.  he wasn't going to force her to stay. as much as he loved her, he didn't want her hating him forever. maybe they would reunit in the far future and get back together, or maybe she'll never leave, or maybe she'll leave forever and move on.

Jaemin walked away from the group, just as the girl's pulled into the garage. Jaemin sped up the stairs and saw taeyong sitting on the couch, eating some food calmly.

"hello, how did the mission go?"
taeyong asked cheerfully. he was a leader that's as beyond serious about his group.. only when he needed to be. like everyone else he was a normal human being and a great friend with a rather soft personality.

"good, haechan got shot though."
Jaemin says as he approached taeyong, standing at the end of the couch.

"wasn't he meant to be in the car with Seohyun?"

"he was.. he protected Seohyun but got hurt. Seohyun ended up shooting.."

taeyong's eyes widened and his words didn't seem to come out. he only nodded and focused back on his food.
"there's food in the fridge if you want."

Jaemin nods and walks away without any other words, his foot steps rather loud as he was stomping away, one of his ways to release emotions.

Jaemin opened his bedroom door revealing the dark room, no lights on. the window at the top of the room was closed, with thick black out curtains covering it as per usual.

Jaemin walked over to the curtains, swinging them open letting in the natural light. rain hit the window, like a pitter patter. the calming sound of rain hitting the ground outside, the smell the rain filled his room the second he opened his window the slightest, not enough for rain to get in but enough for the air to enter.

he sat down on his bed, leaning back on his arms with his head thrown back as he stared at the ceiling.

he stayed like that for a while. thinking about his life, thinking about how everything could go wrong with it. thinking about Seohyun.

whether it just stressed him out or not, he enjoyed this moment. just him and himself, thinking about everything.

 just him and himself, thinking about everything