24

Jaemin dragged his feet across the rocks and dirt ground, kicking leaves out the way as he did so

Jaemin dragged his feet across the rocks and dirt ground, kicking leaves out the way as he did so. Jeno ran up behind him and tapped his shoulder, expecting a response but there was nothing.

"Jaemin"

the younger boy continued walking back to the cars, ignoring Jeno's scoff as the boy turned around to walk with the others.
"it's useless, he won't talk to us"

Jaemin reached the car first due to his speed walking. He swung the door open and got into the car seeing chenle and Jisung at the back of the car this time as renjun and Haechan were pressed against each other on the laptop, typing information and reading.

Jaemin sat close to the window again, pressing himself into the door and leaning his head on the glass.

"Jaemin could you pass the bandages there"
Jisung asked as he glanced up to point at the bandages in the front of the car. Jisung focused his attention back on chenles neck, his other hand covered in blood as he covered his friends neck.

"it's not bleeding anymore."

"I feel like I'll faint.."
chenle mumbled as he leaned his head back. Then whimpering in pain and moving into the hold position. Chenle gripped onto Jisung's arm, holding it tightly to relief the pain even the slightly bit as he focused on holding onto Jisung's arms tightly.

Jaemin leaned away from the window, grabbing the bandages and passing them back to Jisung. Jaemin stared at chenle, examining him.

"did they say anything to you chenle?"
Jaemin finally asked, his hands gripping the back of his seat as he turned his body to face them completely.

"he only said that we'll fail when we go
against them no matter how many we kill."
Chenle said before stopping to coughing and leaning closer to Jisung.

Jaemin scoffs and stifles his laugh, looking back at the front of the car.
"we can't fail."

Jeno and mark enter the car at that very moment, sitting in the front of the car.
"we won't fail."
Jeno muttered lowly as he clicked the seatbelt into place and pulled out his phone.

"kun told me to come back, by the way"
Mark said looking into the rear view mirror, eyeing everyone in the car that way. Mark turned the keys and started the car, pressing onto the accelerator.

Everyone hums and nods shifting into their seats properly, putting a seat belt on. for a mafia group - well at least compared to other groups- they still took the basic safety rules especially in the city. The city was dangerous place to be driving without a seat belt. they can't die a dumb death. They all made it deal that if they die it has to be a cool death and not just because they didn't wear seatbelts.

Jaemin glanced over to the laptop on Haechan's lap. Reading through the information. his eyes widened for a quick moment, seeing the pages and pages of information they gathered.

"now how the fuck-"
"this is wayv's document as well, this is everything we have on these bastards."

haechan quickly said, swiping down to the very last page which was being typed up as they read.

"we have a lot, but not enough..."
renjun mumbled as he through his head back, looking out the window with a side eye. Haechan turned his head to face Jaemin, who was staring at his hands, fiddling with his fingers.

"we'll get her back Jaemin, don't even stress about it, okay?"

Jaemin only nods his head, not looking up at haechan even when haechan patted his head.
"haechan is being brave everyone, he is touching nana in this moment."
jeno announced, making everyone laugh. Even Jaemin who tried to hide his laugh with a scoff.

"she will be fine, they won't hurt her."
"I know. if they hurt her they'll fucking die a horrible death."

everyone's nods in agreement, before going back to their own worlds. whether it be focusing on the road, reading the document or taking care of the injured friend next to you. they all kept their mind of the painful truth that it might not go the way they want.

 they all kept their mind of the painful truth that it might not go the way they want