25

the two units walked up the stairs back into their base, almost running towards to the office room they were in earlier that day

"renjun and aruem go assist chenle, the rest of you join us in the office."
taeyong ordered as he joined them in walking towards the large room with doors opened and other members sitting down.

majority of the group was restless, continuously moving around in their seat as they tried to get comfortable, but the constant overwhelming stress they had gotten in just one day was the only thing fixated onto their minds.

jaemin on the other hand, was the only one who seemed to have a dull, normal expression. The normal expression, which condoned of his blank stare and killer smirk raising as his mind went riddling with possible ways he could get her back.

all the fun, risky ways he could get her. but there was no point. so far they had killed around fifteen men from the other group, and it seemed like their was a lot move to come.

"those men were a distraction"
haechan confirmed as the whole group groaned. Jaemin leaned back into his chair, his fingers intertwining together as he thought of everything he could.

seohyun, hospital, she helped a man, sungho, man dressed in black took her-

his thoughts came to a hault as the name sungho rang millions of bells within his pounding head.

"aruem- where's aruem?"
"helping chenle in the-"

Jaemin shot up out of his seat, running out of the office as everyone watched. not even shocked anymore.
"all he does is run"

Jaemin ran into the infirmary, coming to a stop at the door, seeing renjun and aruem wrapping bandages around chenle's leg.

"aruem can we talk?"
"but-"
"it's urgent"

Aruem and renjun make eye contact, he gave her a nod and a smile, then continued working on the bandages.

"what is it?"
Aruem said as she walked out of the infirmary, her foot steps clicking onto the floor, ringing in his ears. The sound only brought Seohyun back into his mind. Seohyun always wore heels, especially at work.

the thought gave him a bit more hope. maybe she would be smart and use her heels in a smart way.

His mind soon returned back to the thought of sungho. He couldn't put a finger on it so he
"aruem, what was that boy's name again?"

"park sungho"
she said as Jaemin and her walked down the hallway to a room. The room was filled laptops and draws with labels on it, and files of papers covered the desks surface.

Jaemin turned the computer on, typing as quickly as his fingers could as he typed in his account logging in.

"isnt this your account from when you were a child?"

Jaemin ignored her question and moved onto his social media accounts. A message popped up, along with millions of messages from people. the notification read.
"welcome back, Jaemin"

Jaemin clicked the x at the top of the corner, closing the notification away. Almost immediately he went to his feed, scrolling down to some of his posts.

"wasn't this before you joined neo-"
aruem asked as she saw many pictures of young jaemin, mostly photos taken by someone else. most likely his mother, considering he never spoke of any friends he used to have.

"is this him?"
Jaemin asked as he clicked onto a photo showing two boys, sitting next to each other with toothy smiles across their face. He was still a young child, barely a teenager. when Jaemin's life was normal and nothing was out of the ordinary for him.

"aruem, is this park sungho?"
aruem examined the boys facial expressions, the eyes were the same. the lips, nose, cheeks, eyebrows, ears- everything was the same other than now it would've been matured up, lost his baby face but still the same looking.

"I think it is. that's sungho."

Jaemin leaned back into his chair, his feet kicking the wall continuously to distract himself from the burning pain deep inside him.
he stared at the picture of the two of them. The only picture he had to prove that he was once a child like any other, with friends he would play. But now the picture was only a cursed memory.

"I know him, I know sungho."
Jaemin said as he clicked through more photos to find anything else.

"we were friends."