9

a sleepless night passed

a sleepless night passed. Her mind was all over the place. If the picture was real, Jaemin wasn't a safe person let alone someone she could trust. If it was fake then she wasted all this energy on nothing.

but it looked so real.

the birds chirped as the sun rise appeared in the once dark sky. The sun making its way into the bedroom where she laid on the bed staring at the ceiling.

she sat up, pressing herself against the headboard of her bed. she brought her hands to her face and rubbed her eyes. she felt like screaming but it wouldn't help anything.
"should I go to him?"
she whispered to herself quietly. he wouldn't hurt her. at least not yet she though. she hoped.

they had been together so long and he made it clear he loved her. Surely it wasn't all an act.

she had work today but it started after lunch and ended late tonight. I'll go to his house.
she got up and started getting ready, ten times faster then usual. It was definitely the stress getting to her. maybe the adrenaline.

she left her house looking as if everything was normal. Having a sweet smile on her face as she greeted her neighbours who were out the front of their house gardening.

but once she was alone, she looked like she saw death. technically she has always seen horrible things like that - I mean she is a doctor - but this was different for one reason. and that reason being jaemin.

arriving at his house, she knocked on his door rather aggressively compared to usual. after a minute a tired Jaemin opened the door, peeking from behind the door.

"oh Seohyun hello~"
He said moving in clear view of the door. He wasn't wearing a shirt revealing his well built body. but luckily he wore some pants. her lips quirked up for a moment seeing him happy to see her, it gave her some hope that this wouldn't end badly, but her smile soon came falling back down. she gently pushed past him and he just closed the door behind her and sat down next to her at the couch.

"what's wrong?"
he asked as he leaned close to her face with pouty lips.
"first, why aren't you wearing a shirt?"
"I just had a shower and didn't feel like putting a shirt on right now"
she nods with no other expression then grabs her phone out of her pocket clicking onto the messages app to show him.

"if it's that number, I told you to change
your number-"
"be quiet jaemin don't you think I know what you said?"
she snapped, as Jaemin looked at her rather confused. She wasn't the type to snap at him. She always remained calm and collected, even during the heated argument the two had once.

She scrolled through the chats and clicked onto the photo, her hands clenched as he closed her eyes taking a deep breath in quickly. She flickered her eyes opening as she clicked off the photo and went up to the first messages they sent her and shoved the phone into Jaemin's lap.

"this is from the person that was calling me non stop."

Jaemin read through the messages and looked at the picture. even though he had not much of an expression across his face, his mind was going wild.
who the fuck took this.

he looked up and made eye contact with her.
"you believe this shit?"
he says half laughing as he looked down at the photo. She shrugs her shoulders and leans back into the couch, refusing to lean into him like she always used too.

he looks back at her and hands her back her phone, Gently placing it in her lap.
"honey I promise you this didn't happen.."
she looks at the ground, at the blank wall, the windows - everywhere but him. he goes to grab her hand but she hesitatingly pulls it away from him.

he puts his hands back in his lap and keeps trying to make eye contact.
"Alright this is going to sound dumb but this photo is just dumb too so.."
he sucked in air and half laughed at the thought of what he was about to say.

"I used to pose like this, y'know.. looking at the ground smiling because you are too awkward to look up at the camera."
she scoffs but and holds back her laugh by pressing her lips back to make and awkward smile.

"I swear everything is edited to make it look like this!"
he insisted as she lifts her head up and makes eye contact with him. her eyes were half closed due to lack of sleep, she looked down at his hands which were moving towards her. He lifts his hand up to her face and rubs her cheeks before pinching them gently.

She didn't do anything other than suddenly suck in air and not it breath it back out, holding her breath. The sick awkward silence filled the air around them as it felt like she was going to choke from the awkwardness - and lack of air. -

"you believe it don't you.."
he muttered letting his hand fall from her cheek onto her leg, then soon retreating back into his lap.

she throws her head back and whines with the constant thoughts flying through her head.

"I don't know!"
she ends up saying, her hands running through her hair as she tried to relax.
"All I know is that... I'm scared"
she confesses making eye contact with him as his eyes widened.

"of me..?"
he says, his voice coming off more shaky then he intended. he felt horrible. The person he risked it all for was scared of him. although he did confess to himself that he too, would be scared of himself.

"yes... you and this random ass person.."
she said looking back at the floor. jaemin moved away from her giving her a bit of space. He couldn't look up to meet her staring gaze.

"it's not real though.."
he said laying down, his head on the pillow while his feet poked her legs. a few minutes passed as they didn't move or say a single word. just their breathing was the only sound heard in the room.

Their minds full of things that could happen now. all of it being negative thoughts as it was the kind of situation you don't exactly think positively in.

she stands up and gives him a weak smile.
"I'll change my number"

he sat up from his laying position and nodded, no other expression but a simply nod. He was hurt but he didn't know exactly why.

she changes her number and then shows him, he changes her number to that and texts it just to make sure it worked. Before she left his house she walked close to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Hugging him tightly as he hugged her back, resting his head on the top of her head. Taking in her sweet scent before it was to late to do that ever again. He cupped her face with his hands and smiled softly.

"why are you crying-"
"I'm not crying it's the sun"
he said quickly as she shrugged it off, wiping his single tear drop that fell down his cheek.

"I'll see you at work"
he slowly nods and closes the door behind her.
He walked back to the couch, grabbing his phone and immediately calling someone.

"taeyong there's a problem."
________________________________

throw logic out the window for this chapter and also yes, Seohyun is dumb.