23

Mark, jeno, minyoung, chaewon and haeun gather around Jaemin, in front of the door while aruem, Jisung help chenle evacuate the premises, heading back to the car where haechan and renjun awaited them

Jaemin steps forward and grabs a hold of the door handle, turning it slowly before swinging it open and lifting his gun all the way up to shoot something. but nothing was there.

instead there was a bookshelf, with many books on it. It was basically the only thing in the whole building. Jaemin looked at each and every book with a closed eye. He felt for any book that felt mildly different from the rest. He finally found one they had less of an old feeling to it, like it had been touched many times, so he pulled it down, hoping that this book shelf did have a meaning and wasn't just here for decoration.

a clicking sound was heard and Jaemin stepped back. everyone's guns went up, ready for whatever was to come. The bookcase slowly slid away revealing a passage way to a stair case heading straight down to an underground area. this was definitely a base.

"be aware of your surroundings everyone. guns up."
kun said into their ear phones, his sudden voice made them a bit shocked as he hadn't spoken for a bit. everyone checked their guns, loading them if needed before one by one following after their ace.

Jaemin flew down the steps at a fast pace before getting to the bottom of the stairs and turning to the right, making eye contact with someone he didn't know. but the jacket they wore was everything he needed to know exactly who they are.

"why do you guys have uniform? you all stand out now"
Jaemin said with a monotone voice, shooting the male in the head just as they went to grab the gun that sat on the table next to him, but he now laid on the ground as a puddle of his own blood grew around his head.

"everyone spread out. clear the place, find any sort of higher up in the mafia group. They wear a slightly different outfit, and most importantly find her."

mark ordered with his quick speaking skills before everyone ran off with their guns perked up. if everyone in the base was here, seohyun was too. but to Jaemin it all felt to easy.
way to easy.

They cleared every single room, shooting everyone with ease as no one expected it. The place had sound proof walls, no gun shots were heard anywhere unless you were in the same room.

"it's dumb to make the place sound proof everywhere."
Jaemin said before shooting the last one down. they didn't cry or anything, just accepted the fate and stood there before falling down into their own bloody puddle.

"you don't hear the cries and screams of your own group."
A fond smirk grows onto his face but it almost immediately turned into a frown as he looked around seeing his group members back.

"everyone's dead, no one of authority was here. seohyun wasn't either."
Haeun says as she puts her gun into her pocket, relaxing a bit into the tense atmosphere.

Jaemin turns on his heel and walks away from the group, not saying any other word. The rest follow closely behind him, their ears perked up listening for any sound that was made.

Jaemin slams the door open, breaking the door of the hinge falling to the floor. Dust flies from beneath it, the dust particles landing on his pants. He ignores the annoying amount of dust and walks to the open window, jumping out landing onto the rough rocky ground.

"where is she.."