Chapter 10

Incendiary

It was the day of the competition and Min was wearing her skintight sleeveless crop top shirt with black leggings as she stretched her arms and legs. She was going to win this whether or not Jimin was willing to cooperate. Jimin looked over at her and chuckled seeing how intense her eyes looked.
However, as he was zoned out, she grabbed his hand and dragged him out to the sports hall. His face grew red as he stared at her hand grabbing onto his wrist tightly. Maybe he was just nervous for the competition. He averted his gaze to the entire crowd of people cheering before them.

"And now we have, the three-legged race!"

Before the announcer could even finish his sentence, Min had already did a triple knot around both her and Jimin's ankles with the rope given.

"I'll say one two one two. One represents our free leg while two represents our combined leg. This way, we won't fall, "

Min muttered as she stood up. Her eyes pierced through Jimin's soul as he just nodded.

"Get set,"

The referee yelled as Min put her arm around Jimin's waist. Jimin's eyes widened as he felt his entire stomach get flipped over. He must be really nervous for this competition.

"Ready..."

The referee continued as Jimin took a deep breath and put his arm around Min's shoulders.

"GO!"

The whistle echoed in the sports hall as the crowd's cheers reverberated throughout the hall. Min started muttering "one, two, one, two" but Jimin was too distracted by her hand that gripped his waist tightly. His mind was swirling sigh questionable thoughts while his heart was racing and his face burned.

"We're not in sync! You need to hurry up! We're second!"

Min kept yelling as her frustration started building up. Soon, they were near the end but just a few steps away from the first team before them.

Minutes later...

"DAMNIT JIMIN!"

Min's yell could be heard throughout the sports hall as Jimin tried calming her down.

"We're second, what's so bad about that?"

"The only place that exists is first! Namgi and that other girl got first!"

Min roared as Jimin just massaged his temples. However, at the corner, Namgi had caught his attention. Jimin's eyes narrowed as he looked at Namgi and looked back at Min. Namgi was staring at Min! An unexplainable amount of rage surged through Jimin as he glared at Namgi.