Chapter 40

Chivalry

Min gazed mindlessly without even focusing on something with her head empty with no thoughts. Her lecture was about to start, if not, already starting and she was sitting on a bench alone zoning out. She hated how vulnerable she was now.
Why can't she be like the past? Why can't she just shrug it off and act like nothing happened? She fell too deeply into the hole of manipulation. She trusted and cared too much for a person she should have never trusted or cared. She made various severe mistakes but somehow, she did not regret anything.
Just then, she felt the bench weigh down a bit as she turned her head to see Namgi sitting beside her with a small smile on his face. Min pressed her lips together to force a small smile as she remained silent and continued gazing afar.

"Are you okay?"

Namgi asked softly as Min remained silent.

"I heard what happened. I'm sorry that everything happened but I'm sure you never liked him,"

Namgi muttered softly with a a smile as he turned to face Min. Min clenched her fist as still kept quiet. She hated the way Namgi was comforting her. In fact, she was slowly getting irritated by his presence and was actually wondering how she might have had a small crush on him before.

"I know you probably feel as if everyone just sees you for your body and looks but me and Hana don't,"

Namgi whispered as he continued staring at Min, hoping for a response. Min just forced another small smile, wishing she could be alone.

"In fact, I know this might not be the time but I like you. I like you a lot and seeing you in his situation hurts me. I want to be able to be there for you,"

Namgi smiled as he tried grabbing Min's hand but she pulled away. Shocked and taken aback, she scooted further from him.

"I-I'm so sorry, I can't. I don't like you, sorry,"

She stuttered as she felt a small spark of fire deep down in her guts. How dare he take advantage of the fact that she down and confess to her? Either ways, there was no hell she was ever going to date or even talk to him ever again. Standing up from the bench, she turned around and walked away, leaving Namgi sitting alone on the bench.