Chapter 37

Cherir

"Her condition is getting worse and worse. I would recommend a second surgery although the surivival rate is 80%,"

The doctor stated as he scribbled in his checklist. Jimin let out a sigh as his grip on his mother's hand tightened. He forced a smile as she smiled sadly back.

"It's ok, Jimin-ah. We don't need the sur-"

"We'll have the surgery done,"

Jimin stated as they both stood up from their chairs. The doctor gave Jimin a nod as he left the room temporarily for Jimin to convince his mother.

"Mom, you need that surgery. The doctor said that you could die if you don't!"

Jimin begged as he grabbed his mother's hand once again. With a soft smile and eyes barely able to open, his mother placed her other hand on top of his. Her warm hand spread throughout his body as he started to tear up.

"Please,"

"If you want me to, I'll do it. But remember, if I don't make it-"

"Mom! Stop it, please!"

Jimin wailed, the veins of his neck popping up as tears started trickling down his cheeks. His heart ached as he saw a single tear flow down his mother's cheek as well. His mother never cried and never allowed herself to, especially when in front of him. But he saw her cry for the first time.
He buried his face into his arm that was rested on the hospital bed and sobbed into it. His mother watched as his body shook violently, as his cries of hopelessness and agony echoed throughout her hospital room. More tears flowed down her face.

"I love you, adeul-ah (my son),"