Chapter 45

His Warm Embrace

Min froze as her heart started racing. The same queasy feeling arose in her stomach as her face felt as if it were burning. She had been wondering why she felt that way everytime she was with Jimin. Now, she finally understood. She was in love. In love with the worst person possible.
Snapping out of her thoughts and her epiphany, she grabbed his arms and tried taking them off. However, they would not budge. Jimin stood still and silent, embracing her as she felt the warmth of him spread across her body. Now, she was no longer cold. But, was it truly worth it?

"What are you doing?"

She attempted yell. However, she only let out a quivering croak as her hands felt too weak to push him away. She just stood still, disappointed and frustrated with herself.

"I missed you,"

He whispered, his voice muffled from him burying his face in the crook of her neck while his embrace grew tighter. Min stayed silent with a thousand thoughts running through her head. She wanted him to never let go and let his body heat warm her up. But she was scared that he would let go one day and the cold she previously felt would be even colder than before.

Maybe if she was exposed to the cold for long enough, she'd be numb to it.

"I promise you, I'll tell you my motive when the time is right. For now, could you at least keep me by your side as a small flame? So that you would never be cold?"

Jimin muttered, his voice slightly muffled from his head buried in her clothes. Min kept quiet as she felt herself getting torn apart. She wanted to numb herself to the cold instead of having a warm flame that might leave any second and make her colder when it leaves. 

But for the first time, she chose that temporary flame.

Because she hoped that it would stay.

"Fine."