Chapter 34

Apoplectic 

Finish group project, finish assignments, read chapter 7...Min scrolled through her to do list once again, feeling the satisfaction upon seeing ticks beside most of the things she planned to do. However, when she scrolled down, the last objective was still left unticked.

Buy a present for Park Jimin.

"I forgot about that!"

Min mumbled as the irritating feeling of nighthawk kept gnawing at her at the back of her head. What should she get for Jimin? She still did not know and it was driving her crazy. She thought that since her and Jimin had grown close, she would know by now what he wanted but she still had no clue.

"Maybe cash? He seems to need it urgently- No, that's rude. It's like calling him poor. How could I even consider cash?"

Min muttered to herself as she shook her head in disapproval. Just as she was lost in thought, she received a call. She picked up her vibrating phone and looked at the caller id. Her smile immediately vanished as she picked it up.

"How dare you? You wretch!"

An irritating, high-pitched and piercing voice hollered from the other side of the call. Min just stayed quiet as she clenched her fist tightly.

"Why won't you say anything? You're guilty, aren't you? Give me back my $1000!"

The caller roared as Min clenched her fist tighter and tighter. She felt blood rushing up her head as her knuckles turned white.

"You were the one that abandoned your daughter once she turned 18 with no money whatsoever. Did you think I was gonna survive?"

Min spat as her grip on her phone tightening as rage pulsed through her veins.

"Give back that $1000 you saekki!"

The caller screamed as Min took deep breaths to stay calm.

"For what? For you to continue your gambling addictions? Screw you!"

Min roared as she immediately hung up. Sighing, Min collapsed on her bed and buried her head into her hands.