Chapter 9

Abnegatory

Min sat down awkwardly on the sit-up mat as Jimin refused to make eye contact with her. Dreadful awkward silence hung in the air as both of them refused to talk. After a while, Jimin couldn't take the awkward silence and muttered,

"You know I was joking yesterday, right?"

"Whatever, just start the timer,"

Min muttered, avoiding his gaze as she started doing the sit-ups. However, with each sit up she did, her attention slowly turned to Jimin. Finally, she had all her attention on him and all he was doing was staring at her legs. Her eyebrows furrowed as rage surged through her veins. How could someone be such a pervert?
Hence, in full blown rage, she laid back down to do another sit-up. Then, she pulled herself up to sit up but way more forcefully. When she was face to face with Jimin, she leaned her head back and banged her forehead against Jimin's.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

Jimin hollered as he grimaced in pain. He grabbed onto his throbbing forehead and looked down to glare at Min. Glaring back, she muttered,

"Stop staring at my legs, pervert."

"Fine!"

Jimin exclaimed as he purposefully and immaturely just kept staring into Min's eyes and refused to look down. Min rolled her eyes as she resumed her sit-ups. However, maybe it was because of the close proximity of their faces, or maybe it was because she unwillingly had a flashback to what Jimin said yesterday and hence, her face was burning.
And Jimin's face was too. However, Jimin kept staring into her eyes and she just averted her gaze. She felt the same queasy feeling deep down in her stomach and her heart was racing. She quickly dismissed them and just assumed it was because she was working out although she had never felt that way when working out.