Chapter 19

Rigor Samsa

"Why can't you come this once?!"

Min yelled as she paced back and forth in her bedroom. Her eyebrows were knitted together tightly as she pressed the phone closer to her ear.

"Just this once, please,"

Min begged as she sat down on the bed while picking her fingernails.

"What do you mean you're busy? You're never here for me!"

Min screamed as the tears that glistened her eyes poured down her cheeks. Wiping the tears away, she sniffled as she started biting her nails.

"Please, at least one of you,"

She begged lifelessly as she bit her nail harder and harder. There was silence for a second as the tears on her cheeks slowly dried up. All she wanted was a 'yes' but then she heard a beep. They had hung up on her. A wave of emotions washed over her as her heart sunk.
She felt all the pent up frustration, disappointment and embarrassment overflowed as they all gushed out of her eyes as tears. They flowed down her cheek, down her neck, staining her shirt. She promised she would not show any emotions. But years of her locking herself up in an emotional cage while water gushed into it made her suffocate.
She was choking up as the water slowly and painfully rose higher and higher. Soon, the cage was filled up with water and she was currently drowning in it. Water containing her anger, disappointment, embarrassment and pain. She could not breathe any longer, nor could she keep wearing her poker face mask anymore.
She covered her face, embarrassed of everything. Embarrassed how she did not have anyone who truly cared for her, embarrassed that she was showing her emotions and being vulnerable. Embarrassed of herself.
Her cries echoed in her room as she felt herself slowly losing her breath. Her body shook violently as her wails escaped through the gaps of her fingers that covered her face. She was tired, tired of everything. How could she think that they would eventually care for her and be there for her? Of course, they never do.

Ding.

Her swollen eyes looked over at the phone lying innocently on the bed. It was Jimin. She picked up her phone and read his message. Can we meet up? All of a sudden, she felt a sense of warmth spread throughout her. At least she still had someone. Despite it being Jimin. Hence, she typed back.

Sure.