Chapter 33

Mimetic Desire

"Hana!"

Min yelled as she chased after Hana down the hallway. Everyone whispered as they stared at the two of them running down the hallway. The Park Jimin just announced publicly that he was dating Min, causing everyone to be confused and shocked.
However, Hana finally stopped as she collapsed on the bench at the entrance of the campus. She buried her face in her hands as tears would not stop flowing down her cheeks. Min slowed down as she observed Hana's body violently shaking. She slowly walked up to her and sat down beside her cautiously.

"I'm so sorry Hana I-"

"It's not... it's not your fault,"

Hana mumbled between sobs as she sniffed. Min hesitantly put her arm around Hana and hugged her.

"You can't control who has feelings for who, I don't blame you..."

Hana said as she lifted her head up to look at Min. Min sat there, frozen and awkward. She had no idea what to say but pat Hana and hug her tighter.

"I'm so sorry... Jinyoung is seriously just such a jerk!"

"It's not your fault, stop apologising!"

Hana yelled as she sobbed harder into her hands. Min looked at her in concern as she patted her softly.

"It's ok, let it all out,"

Min whispered softly as she patted Hana's head softly before embracing her. Hana felt her heart ache as the moments flashed in her head again. Why did she think Jinyoung would like her? Min was beautiful and she was just "Min's bestfriend". It was not Min's fault for being beautiful but she somehow felt envious.
However, Min was her bestfriend and she still loved her. She just wished people would see her as Hana instead of the bestfriend of Min. She wished to be loved as well. Hana hugged Min back and sobbed incessantly into her shoulder.