Chapter 43

Heartworm

"And so I was like..."

Hana's voice slowly faded as Min gradually zoned out. She nodded absent-mindedly as she stared at her shoes and continued walking forward. However, whilst looking down at her shoes, she saw black converse shoes in her peripheral vision. Don't look up. Don't. Min thought to herself.
However, she still looked up as she made eye contact with Jimin. Everything seemed to be in slow motion as they walked past each other, both their heads following each other's. Both their eyes held so much emotions without them even needing to talk but they eventually looked away and walked away from each other.

"Were you even listening?"

Hana asked, slightly upset as she hooked arms with Min. Min just nodded as she tried calming down her racing heart. The image of Jimin's eyes was in her mind prominently as Min felt her eyes welling up with tears. 

"You matter to me,"

"I won't leave you,"

"You're my only true friend,"

"Here's your lingerie,"

His words echoed in her mind, as if still fresh said despite them not talking for weeks now. However, she suddenly stopped in her tracks. Hana stopped beside her, asking her 'what's wrong' while looking at her concerningly. Min swallowed the lump in her throat as she wiped the tears that were flowing down her cheeks.
All she wanted to do was hug him and yell about how much she missed him. However, he betrayed her trust, he put the broken pieces of her together only to break them apart again. She was tired of loving and trusting people when all they did was backstab her. 

But she still wanted to be with him.