Chapter 18

Last Resort

Jimin threw his bag onto the ground lightly as he collapsed onto the couch with a sigh. He stared at the blank ceiling, feeling hopeless and waiting for hours to pass. He hated coming back home. He hated coming back home to see it empty.
In the past, when he came back home, his mother would be by the stove as she cooked his dinner. He still remembered her radiant smile as she immediately turned her head to face him once she heard the door close. He wished he could see that radiant smile again but he hadn't seen it ever since the kidney transplant.

Ring!

Jimin flinched a bit as he heard his phone ring. He took it out from his pocket to see a familiar number. His eyes lit up as he jumped up from the couch and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is xxxx and you have been hired for the part-time job. For confirmation, your shift is from 3 pm to 6.30pm, right?"

"Yes, thank you so much! When do I start?"

He asked, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

"Tomorrow,"

Minutes later...

Jimin threw himself back onto the couch as he shoved his phone back into his pocket. Tears stung his eyes as he just covered his face and closed his eyes. He hated how he was disobeying his mother but it was the only way.
If he did not start working, they would have serious financial issues. He would do anything just to make his mother as happy as she could be, to just be a filial son. All he had to do was keep his part-time job a secret from his mother. It should not be that hard.