Chapter 16

Gauche

Walking into the café, Min felt her coworkers' eyes all on her. They all gave her a cheeky grin as she just rolled her eyes with a sheepish smile. Immediately when they sat down, one of Min's coworkers rushed towards them. Eyeing the two of them with a huge smile, she asked,

"What would you two lovebir- lovely people like to order?"

Min glared at her coworker as she proceeded to order a tiramisu cake and ice Americano for herself while Namgi ordered a cheesecake and expresso. Jimin would've ordered something interesting. She thought to herself. Why was she even thinking of him?! She was on her dream date with the one and only Namgi!
Snapping back into reality, she heard her coworker let out a small squeak as she collected both their menus and clumsily ran towards the counter. Min smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Your friends seem very excited,"

Namgi teasingly said with a huge smile spreading across his face as he gazed at her.

"Well, they call me a relationship eunuch, so they're just excited I brought a guy around,"

Min said between slight chuckles as Namgi let out a laugh. However, their laughter slowly toned down as awkward silence hung in the air. Saving their awkwardness was a different coworker who came up to them with a huge cheeky smile.

"There's a couple special, would you two like to try it-"

"No,"

Min immediately interrupted. Her coworker and Namgi's smile immediately vanished as the atmosphere grew even more awkward.

"W-Well in that case, here's the drinks and cakes you ordered,"

The coworker muttered, completely thrown off as she served the cakes and drinks. Min immediately started sipping her Americano and took a bite from her tiramisu.

"You really like coffee, don't you?"

Namgi asked, trying desperately to get rid of the awkward atmosphere. Min just nodded with a small smile before taking another sip from her Americano. She wasn't really good at dating or flirting but the fact that her coworkers were actually peering over at their table without Namgi's knowledge made it worse.

"Sorry if I'm awkward, I've never really done something like this before. Especially since all my coworkers are acting weird,"

Min muttered, feeling remorseful as she took a bite of her tiramisu. Namgi just let out a melodious laugh and sipped his expresso.

"It's ok, your presence is enough,"