Chapter 89

The town government of Liuhe Town is located on Taiping Street.
The villagers came to the fair and would spontaneously sell them on the side street. People will only choose to go to Taiping Street when the side street can’t be put down. After all, the town government on Taiping Street is, to the villagers, the “yamen” in ancient times.
Villagers have a natural sense of awe for "yamen". Unless it is a last resort, few people go to the door of the town government to stroll around.
When Lin Susu and the others arrived in Liuhe Town, there were already a dozen stalls on both sides of the street.
Wu Fengjiao stirred up the basket, feeling a little at a loss. Wu Fengjiao from Liuhe Town came often, but it was the first time he did business.
The dozen or so stalls just set up are all selling daily necessities such as brooms, bamboo hangers or wooden basins. Oh, there is also a Xiao Guihua selling eggs. Wu Fengjiao sells food, don’t know if it’s right here?
"Grandma, let's go over there." Lin Susu whispered to Wu Fengjiao, carrying a basket of vegetables in one hand, and holding Wu Fengjiao's big palm with the other. Take a step forward.
"Oh." Wu Fengjiao replied and followed Lin Susu.
When he came to the crossroads, Lin Susu stopped and motioned to Wu Fengjiao to put down the burden on his shoulders.
"Su Su, let's set up a stall here?" Wu Fengjiao looked at the supply and marketing agency building behind him, a little timid.
Every time she came to town, Wu Fengjiao had to go to the Supply and Marketing Cooperative Building to buy necessities such as salt and matches. In Wu Fengjiao's eyes, the staff of the supply and marketing agency are very bullish.
Wu Fengjiao was afraid that he would be driven away by setting up a stall here.
"Well, grandma, there are so many people here, our stall is here, and everyone who comes to the market can see it." Lin Susu nodded and said.
Wu Fengjiao thought about it, isn't it? Nine out of ten people who came to the town to go to the market had to go to the supply and marketing building to purchase some necessities at home. The entrance of the supply and marketing building is the most crowded place in Liuhe Town today.
Wu Fengjiao gritted her teeth, rested her burden, and opened the lid of the basket.
"Grandma, give me a bowl of jelly first." Lin Susu said after putting down the basket in his hand.
"Okay." Wu Fengjiao thought that Lin Susu was hungry, and quickly filled Lin Susu with a bowl of jelly, took out the teapot, and poured a layer of pre-prepared sweet and sour juice.
A sweet and sour taste permeated Lin Susu's nose. If it weren't for this bowl of jelly Lin Susu is still useful, Lin Susu would like to just hold it and eat it.
Lin Susu swallowed the saliva in his mouth, bent down, found a clean spoon from the basket, and walked to the guard room on the side of the supply and marketing building with the bowl in one hand and the spoon in the other.
Lin Susu went to find someone, a person named Lao Wang.
In his previous life, Lin Susu often followed Su Xiaoqiao to town and met several acquaintances of Su Xiaoqiao. The guardian of the supply and marketing cooperative is one of them.
Lao Wang has been guarding the gate of the Supply and Marketing Building for five years.
Although Lao Wang is just a temporary worker with no staff, the employees of the sales agency know that Lao Wang, the doorman, is a figure that big guys can't mess with.
It's not that Pharaoh is so powerful, but Pharaoh has a powerful son, Xiao Wang, who is the manager of the Dapeng County Department Store.
People who don't know the inside story will think that the supply and marketing cooperative and the department store are two completely unconnected units. Anyone who knows the inside story knows that the supply and marketing cooperatives in each township are all subordinate units of the county department store.
The position of department store manager sounds nothing great, but in fact, the power at hand is huge.
In this era, the market has not yet opened up. Everything you buy is limited in supply. It does not mean that you can buy it with money.
For example, bicycles, the entire Liuhe Town Supply and Marketing Building, are allocated only more than ten places in one year, and more than ten electric fans. Not to mention high-end appliances such as TVs, refrigerators, and so on. You may not have one every year.
These scarce materials need to be distributed by the Dapeng County Department Store to the supply and marketing buildings of each town.
In short, if the Liuhe Town Supply and Marketing Building wants to buy more bicycles for sale this year, the right is in the hands of Pharaoh's son Manager Wang.
This year, everyone can eat and have a little extra money in their pockets, and the pursuit of quality of life has begun to increase.
Televisions or something, in small places like Liuhe Town, haven't become popular yet. Bicycles and electric fans are "big items" that every household wants to buy. If someone marries a wife or a daughter, there is a bicycle or an electric fan in the big furniture, which is definitely a sensation in the whole village. .
Therefore, bicycles and electric fans are currently in short supply.
Relying on these rare goods, Manager Xiao Wang and the leaders of the government agencies in Dapeng County can say a few words.
Director Wu of the Supply and Marketing Building in Liuhe Town was also respectful in front of Lao Wang.
Lao Wang is sixty-two this year, and his family lives behind the supply and marketing building, a two-story building with a courtyard.
After Xiao Wang became the manager of the department store, he was not allowed to work in the fields anymore. Every month, Xiao Wang Ji’s brothers and sisters each give Lao Wang ten yuan in living expenses, so
Lao Wang enjoy the children's blessing at home. Lao Wang has three children and one daughter, and his wife left ten years ago. Forty yuan a month is enough to moisturize Lao Wang.
Lao Wang is a busy person. He doesn't want money from his children. Instead, he asks his son Xiao Wang to find him a job as a doorman in the supply and marketing building. Since the supply and marketing building is close to home, Pharaoh has something to do every day, and his life is a little more fulfilled.
The guards of the supply and marketing building are divided into day shifts and night shifts. The guards of night shifts receive a monthly subsidy of ten yuan more than those of day shifts. Lao Wang is not bad for money, he only keeps day shifts.
The guard rooms of this era are very simple, and the guard rooms of the supply and marketing building are the same, only the front window is not the rear window, and it is not very ventilated.
The weather is a bit hot today. As soon as Lao Wang went to work, the big pu fan in his hand never stopped fanning, and the sweat on his forehead continued to blow out.
Just when Pharaoh was a little upset, Lin Susu appeared in front of Pharaoh with a bowl of jelly.
"Hello, Grandpa Wang!" Lin Susu's mouth was sweet when he saw Lao Wang.
"Yo~! It's Susu! You came to the fair with your mother so early today?" When the old Wang saw Lin Susu, a smile appeared on his face.
Lao Wang knew Su Xiaoqiao, but he was not a particularly familiar acquaintance. Therefore, Lao Wang didn't know about Su Xiaoqiao's death.
"Grandpa Wang, I came with my grandmother today. Look, that's my grandmother." Lin Susu grabbed the spoon's hand and pointed to Wu Fengjiao.
Lin Susu still wanted to take advantage of Su Xiaoqiao's face to do something, but Pharaoh didn't know, so Lin Susu didn't say anything.
"Ah? Isn't your grandma in the sea market?" Old Wang was a little strange.
As far as Lao Wang knew, Su Xiaoqiao was an educated youth from Haishi. Wu Fengjiao looked like a village woman at first glance, and she didn't have the slightest resemblance to the people from the sea in Lao Wang's imagination.