Chapter 8

Recap:

We had dinner, finished up and then I sat at the breakfast bar doing homework and arguing with James about which was from Australia, koalas or panda bears while Kendall, Carlos and Logan sat at the table very amused by our bickering.

“It's koalas, dad I should know this.” I said tapping my temple reminding him of my photographic memory.

“Panda bears live in Australia Taylor.” He said.

“Koalas.” I said

“Panda bears.” He said

“Koalas.”

“Panda bears.”

“Koalas.”

“Panda bears.”

“Koa-” I was cut off my a knock at the front door.

“We will finish this later.” I said, then got up and went to the front door opening it.

“F-father..?”

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

My breath caught in my throat as I stared at the man who caused me so much pain.

“Hello, Taylor.” He said coldly.

“What are you doing here?” Kendall asked, I could tell he was pissed off.

“Taylor, go to James for me OK?” Kendall asked looking at me.

I would of ran straight for James, but I was frozen in shock all the memories from when I was younger came flooding into my head, like a huge wave at the beach.

My eyes darted from my father back to Kendall. I sudden found myself running behind James and hiding behind him, I fisted his shirt holding on for dear life, he turned around slightly and petted my hair trying to calm me down.

“What are you doing here?” Kendall repeated.

“I've come to take my daughter back.” My father said

“You can't.” Logan spoke up.

“Why can't I?” My father asked

“She's our daughter, we have legal papers that proves she's our daughter and she will not leave with you.” Logan said

“Taylor Elizabeth, go pack you're leaving in five minutes.” My mother said walking in.

I tensed at the sound of her voice, I grabbed a hold of James shirt tighter.

“No, you don't have to do anything Taylor.” Logan said.

“Taylor Elizabeth Smith, you go up stairs now and pack you don't you're going to pay for it when we get home.” My father's voice boomed.

I whimpered quietly, I didn't want to go back with them.

“Taylor, come here babygirl.” Logan said opening his arms for me, his eyes never left the two people in the doorway.

I quickly let go of James' shirt and ran straight to Logan , he picked me up and rested me on his hip.

“Taylor, your 11 you don't need to be held like a baby anymore.” My mother said

“I'm 13.” I said quietly

“Don't correct your mother.” My father said, I hide my face in Logan's neck.

“Go pack Taylor.” My father said

“No, she's not going to do anything you say cause you're not her father anymore, I am. She has my last name now, not yours.” James said staring my father down.