Chapter 20

Taylor’s POV~

I was sitting in the car with Carlos, chewing on my thumb nail, “Babe, I promise you, nothing bad is going to happen.” He mused, I glanced at him, shaking my head.

“They’ve done this to me before, Dad, put me in group, it was complete turmoil.” I said my voice shaking. We had a good 20 minutes before I had to be there. Carlos reached over and petted my hair.

“Do you think I would put you in any danger?” he asked, I looked at him, before shaking my head.

“Then you are going to be safe here. Tay, this might help you, make friends, talk to other kids your own age, this may help with the situation with.. him.” He said.

I sighed heavily, that was one thing my dads were really good about, speeches. “Okay.. I guess I can do this.” I muttered.

“It’ll only be an hour and 30 minutes, then Kendall will be back here to pick you up.” He said before giving me a smile.

His smile seemed to take the nerves away. I nodded. I knew he had to pick up Emmy from school and Kendall would be picking me up the minute I got out.

~!~

I walked out of the building, my head held high, smiling. Kendall was standing by the car waiting, “Hey, Kiddo.” He said.

“Hello.” I sang, getting into the car. Kendall got into the car.

“You seem happy.” He said looking at me before starting up the car.

“I am.” I mused.

“How did it go?” he asked

“Good, better than I thought.” I said smiling.

“I’m so proud to hear that.” He said.

~!~

We walked into the house, before Emmy came running and straight into me, if it weren’t for Kendall I’m pretty sure we would hit the floor. “Well, hello.” I mused.

“Where were you?” she asked.

“Therapy.” I said.

“I missed you.” She muttered as I picked her up.

“Missed you too Ems.” I said walking into the kitchen.

“Did she get in trouble again?” I asked.

“Yes.” Carlos said.

“Emmy.” I groaned.

“Sh.” She said.

“We went over this, you keep quiet and no one gets hurt.” I said putting her down, which she whined.

“But I don’t like her.” She huffed.

“I don’t care if you don’t ignore her or something.” I said slipping off my backpack, my cuts burning a bit.

“Ugh, you are supposed to be on my side.” She whined.

“Not really.” I said.

She huffed before turning around and running upstairs and slamming her door.

“You’re acting like a brat!” I yelled.

“I’m a princess!” she yelled.

~!~

I groaned, looking at the work sheets around me.

“Help.” I huffed, my brain was fried, my depression meds were wearing off.

And Kendall came to my rescue, “Go, sleep, you need a nap.” He said. I groaned.

“I’m not Emmy.” I said.

“I know, but you’ve been at it for hours.” He said

~!~

I was chewing hard on my lip, Emmy next to me, holding my hand tightly, she looked like a princess, she had decided to get into pageants, of course even with my protests for it, the parents decided we should try it once.

Emmy had a title out of her division, which after a melt down earlier and explaining, she was happy about, she was either going to get grand supreme or ultimate grand supreme. Grand you get 1000 bucks and ultimate 2000. She looked up at me worry in her eyes. I leaned down slightly.

“We don’t care what you get Ems, we will still love you even if you lost.” I whispered in her ear.

“Your grand supreme is, contestant number 4 Emmy!”

Emmy ran on stage, I looked over and saw tears in my parents eyes. I smiled gently.

~!~

It was a long drive home, “So.. I didn’t win..” Emmy said as we walked into the house, “Yes, you did win Emmy.” I said. “But the other girl got a bigger trophy.” She said, “Who cares, it just means she’s meaner.” I said.

“You got money, be happy.” I said falling on the couch, my head was pounding in my skull and I just wanted to sleep.

~!~

I must of fell asleep since I woke up with Emmy sitting on me poking my cheeks.

“Stop.” I groaned.

“Up. We are going shopping.” She said.

“No.” I said.

“I will buy you something.” She said.

“I will need all the money then.” I teased.

“No.” she said.

“Yes.” I said.

“No.” she huffed.

I opened my eyes, seeing she was right up in my face with her crown and sash on.

“What are you gonna buy me then?” I asked.

“I do’know.” She said.

“I just want ribbon a hot glue gun and maybe just maybe a new book.” I said

“Deal.” She said nodding.