Ch1 - Very Lucky

On a dim street corner, the young man wearing a suit held hard and cold steamed bread, his cheeks bulging from them. Fortunately, he was beautiful and didn’t look ugly despite such a sloppy appearance. It would only make people sympathize with his bitterness and depression.

Maybe God didn’t think he was embarrassed enough. At this moment, it suddenly started to rain. The young man quickly shrank back under the eaves of a shelter and hurriedly put the remaining half of the bread into his mouth. Water drops fell down his cheek. It was unknown if it was rain, sweat or tears he couldn’t resist.

“Okay, supplement two more camera shots and then we’ll finish!”

The moment the director shouted to stop, the sprinklers turned off and the crew’s assistant quickly walked to the wet actor.

“Teacher Li, spit out the bread into the garbage bag…” The crew’s assistant hadn’t finished when he saw Li Zhao’s mouth move and he actually swallowed the dry bread that the crew had prepared.

The assistant stood stiffly. Their crew might be poor but they could still afford meal boxes.

“Thank you, I’m fine.” Li Zhao stood still and took the warm hot water delivered by the crew’s assistant. He drank two mouthfuls and waited for the stylist to fix his appearance, so that there weren’t any errors when shooting the supplement scenes.

“You’re welcome.” The assistant laughed hollowly before taking the cup from Li Zhao’s hand and retreated to the director’s side.

The director was sitting on a stool with lame legs while holding a plastic fan in his hand. The word ‘Infertility’ appeared as the fan moved. It was a crew that exuded a sense of poverty. Even the usual fans were free fans obtained by street advertising.

“Li Zhao just performed well. Director Liu, shall I give him a chicken leg tomorrow at noon?” The assistant director sat down next to Director Liu, looking at the scene that he just been shot.

Director Liu touched his belly fat and laughed. “What is delicious about chicken legs? Young people should have a plain and simple style in order to make more contributions to the future of the motherland.”

“You are too rigid.” The assistant director glanced around and whispered in Director Liu’s ear. “Song Yu’s scenes are coming up. He hasn’t finished with the styling?”

Director Liu strongly fanned himself. “Wait a bit before giving him a reminder.”

This actor was arranged by the management’s father and couldn’t afford to be offended.

Song Yu had some slight fame in the circle. Originally, the crew had set him as the number one male and the contract was even signed. Unexpected, they had just started shooting when he said he didn’t want to play the protagonist. He wanted to challenge the role of the number two male lead.

How was the role of the second male challenging? Wasn’t he a handsome, rich and gentle person obsessed with the female protagonist?

This type of character was the standard configuration for male leads in other idol dramas but their crew was different from those gorgeous on the outside. The other dramas had a prince and Cinderella while they had a princess and poor boy.

The domineering and rich female protagonist and the hard-working and indomitable pretty boy male protagonist was a good match.