Ch73.2

This type of party would have awards. The prestige wasn’t high but the focus was on the fun.

Overbearing Female President was an online drama exclusively shown on Green Pepper Video so there would definitely be a place for it to win at the awards ceremony part. 

The thing that made people feel subtly strange was that the first female lead and the third male lead of this online drama didn’t appear at the party, as if the crew and platform side had forgotten them.

In the end, no one was surprised when Li Zhao won the Best New Male Actor award. Overbearing Female President brought great benefits to Green Pepper Video. The industry knew that Li Zhao’s performance in this drama was remarkable and the relationship between Green Pepper Video and Li Zhao was good. This was normal.

Xu Bei almost couldn’t control the expression on his face as he reluctantly raised his hand to applaud.

“I would like to thank the two teachers handing me this award and all the cast members of Overbearing Female President. Of course, there are two people I’m most grateful to. I want to thank my agent Zhang Xiaoyuan for not taking me to open a noodle store and I want to thank Song Yu for the delicious food he gave me.” 

The camera swept to Song Yu and Song Yu silently covered his face. He really didn’t want to gain a sense of presence in this way. This caused laughter in the venue. Meanwhile, Xu Bei took out his phone and texted the young director of Purple Eggplant Entertainment.

Xu Bei: Brother Hang, didn’t you tell me that you would ensure Li Zhao didn’t get the prize?

No one responded to the message. Chen Hang, who had been very attentive to him in the past, seemed to be dead. He didn’t reply even after a few messages were sent.

In the quiet environment of the teahouse, Qin Xiao in a suit and gold-rimmed glasses was pouring tea for the father and son opposite him. Once it was full, Qin Xiao smiled. “Sorry, I’ve been quiet for too long. Come and drink tea. Mr Chen, I’m asking for your understanding.”

The tea was full of ‘taking unfair advantage of the guest’. Boss Chen had lived for 60 years and it was impossible for him not to understand this.

‘How can that be?” He picked up the cup and took a sip of the hot tea. His face was as usual as he said, “Good team. Mr Qin is indeed Mr Ting’s special assistant. The tea you make is more fragrant than others.”

After this gulp, there wasn’t much tea left. It was only 70% full.

Chen Hang saw his father’s cautious look. The expression on his face was a bit impatient but he didn’t dare to attack. His personal phone in his clothes shook several times and he knew Xu Bei had sent a message to him. 

He moved his body, prepared to make an excuse to go outside and look at the message.

“It seems that Mr Xiao Chen isn’t satisfied with my tea?” Qin Xiao wiped his hands with a towel and looked at Chen Hang with a smile that wasn’t a smile.

“No, no.” Before Chen Hang could speak, Boss Chen replied first, “That child is someone who can’t sit still. Mr Qin, please forgive him.”

“It is normal for young people to be active.” Qin Xiao pushed up his glasses. “However, being too active and offending people isn’t a good thing.”