Ch106 - Congratulations

The institute's laboratory wasn't easily accessible to non-researchers.

Lin Shen and Du Yushu were sitting in the reception area. Some staff members saw them and took the initiative to say hello. The people of the research institute were very familiar with Lin Shen and Du Yushu. Since the idea of the gene bank was put forward, the husband and wife had been donating to the project. It was unknown how much money they had invested over the years.

During the time when the project was hard to succeed, they didn't dare look at the couple. They didn't expect things to turn around and for a super rich person to fund the project.

They all knew that the couple had a three month old child who was abducted by a trafficker. Later, the car driven by the trafficker fell into the river. The trafficker drowned and the body of the child couldn't be found.

A three month old child could choke on a few sips of water, let alone falling from such a high bridge in a car. If the diving team at that time had the current equipment then the body of the child could be found in the river. Unfortunately, it was 20 years ago...

The couple stubbornly donated money to the gene bank project. Perhaps they were comforting themselves, hoping to help other parents who lost their children or perhaps both. No matter the reason, they deserved the respect of everyone in the institute.

"System troubleshooting."

"The genetic samples were taken without errors."

"No omissions in the operational procedures."

The staff checked the gene bank again and again but the results were the same every time. They glanced at each other, joy and absurdity filling their hearts.

"Then, so to speak, Li Zhao is... your nephew?" The director of the institute muttered before crying out happily to Lin Hong, "Your nephew has been found!"

Found? He was found?

Lin Hong was dizzy as he stared at the smiling faces of his colleagues. Then he suddenly opened the door and rushed out. He fell to the ground, got up and continued to run. He ran to Lin Shen and Du Yushu and exclaimed, "Brother, sister-in-law, the child has been found!"

"W-What?" Du Yushu watched Lin Hong's mouth opening and closing but her brain was blank. "What did you say?"

"Shao Shao isn't dead! He is alive!"

Du Yushu glanced at Lin Hong and then her husband. Her husband unknowingly smiled. "Brother, don't make this type of joke. It isn't funny."

"I'm not joking." Lin Hong was anxious. "It's true. The result of the data comparison in the gene bank just came out. The one who was eating at your house, that star is your child!"

Du Yushu stared blankly at Lin Hong. She couldn't hear what the other party was saying at all.

Child? Her child?

She shuddered as she opened her handbag. Someone next to her wanted to help her but she hugged the bag to avoid them touching it. There was a cry and the contents of her bag fell to the ground.

She knelt on the ground, lunging at her phone and holding it tightly. It was a simple pattern unlock but she actually got it wrong three times.