Ch104 - Not About

The night was deep and Li Zhao was lying on the hotel bed, waiting for the takeaway to come.

"From then on, the monarch didn't come early..." Li Zhao looked at Yan Ting. "The ancient emperors had it really hard." He had Yan Ting and fell into depravity. The emperor had so many beauties. How could he remember his business?

"After dinner, brush your teeth and go to bed." The one to persuade the emperor to go to work was the empress. Yan Ting handed the water to Li Zhao. "I will take you to school in the morning."

"Okay." Li Zhao didn't receive the water glass. Instead, he took Yan Ting's hand and drank a few mouthfuls of water. He turned to look out the window. "It is almost New Year's again."

Last winter, he had moved to Ting Ting's house. Before he knew it, a year had passed.

He held Yan Ting's hand and laughed loudly. "Ting Ting, I think you are receiving a bit of a loss by staying with me."

"Who said?" Yan Ting put the cup aside. "Before I met you, I had nothing. With you, I have the whole world."

"The whole world?" Li Zhao laughed. "You are nauseating."

"You are my world." Yan Ting lowered his head and kissed Li Zhao's forehead. "You will have to accompany me for the rest of your life. The one who lost is you."

"You can't calculate it that way." He reached out and put an arm around Yan Ting's neck. It is called deserving it. You made me your treasure and I made you my treasure."

Hehehe, together was double happiness. They were two treasures.

***

In the warm room, Lin Hong sat on the sofa and spoke to his brother and sister-in-law who had stabilized their emotions. "In these years, most of your income has been invested in the gene bank. You might've accepted that your child is gone but... there is still a glimmer of hope in your heart, right?"

Even though everyone knew that in the turbulent river, an adult trafficker couldn't survive let alone a baby that was only a few months old. However, people were always unwilling to accept death unless they saw the child's body.

"Brother." Lin Shen smiled bitterly. "I'll go with you tomorrow."

It might be hopeless waiting but he still embraced a glimmer of hope.

At that time, Shao Shao had fallen into the river with the child trafficker. He had asked the underwater rescue team to search for several days and posted notices everywhere. Everyone thought they were crazy.

In recent years, he and his wife had funded the gene bank in their own names. They just hoped that parents who lost their children would be able to retrieve their own treasures and give Shao Shao the credit.

If Shao Shao was alive, Lin Shen hoped he had no more worries in life, that he would be accompanied when sad and taken care of when sick.

If Shao Shao was gone, Lin Shen hoped he would be reborn in a good family in his next life, that he wouldn't have to worry about clothing and food and wouldn't suffer from separation with his parents.