Ch27 - Noise

Very HappyCh27 - Noise

The empty house was quiet again but a faint fragrance could be smelt.

Yan Ting picked up a wooden head-shaking doll from among the several small ornaments that Li Zhao brought back. The doll had a big head and a small body. It was both cute and festive. Tap its head and it would shake. It was cute. 

“Sir, you haven’t taken your medicine.” The housekeeper saw that Yan Ting was interested in the small gift Li Zhao had brought back and had forgotten about the medicine in the study. “Do you want me to bring it to you?”

“No.” Yan Ting poked the doll with his finger, placed it on the cabinet and turned to head to his room upstairs.

“Sir!” Seeing that Yan Ting wasn’t taking the medicine, the housekeeper chased after him with worry. “You…”

Yan Ting stopped and turned to look at him blankly. All of the housekeeper’s words and courage disappeared under this gaze and he didn’t dare take another step forward. 

It wasn’t until Yan Ting went away and there was the sound of the door closing that the housekeeper took a breath. He turned to look at the wooden doll on the cabinet that wasn’t in line with the other expensive ornaments. Then he carefully collected the other things that Li Zhao brought back.

Halfway through the night, Yan Ting was awakened by a woman’s screams and rants. He got up from bed and opened the door to go out.

The woman in the red dress slowly walked in front of him to the top of the spiral staircase. Then she jumped and fell heavily to the ground like a butterfly without wings. She lay like this on the shining floor, red liquid constantly flowing out of his body, redder and brighter than the colour of her dress.

Heading down the stairs, Yan Ting stepped on the floor of the hallway and there was a sticky touch at the bottom of his feet. He bowed his head and saw the blood staining his shoes. Why could a person shed so much blood?

The woman lying on the ground was staring at her with big and beautiful eyes. Her lips were shaking and she looked very sad, but Yan Ting couldn’t hear what she was saying. He stepped on the pool of blood, walked up to the woman and knelt down in front of her on one knee. Then he leaned his ear towards her pale mouth.

“Baby, Mom will take you away.”

“Let’s get out of here together.”

The cold hand suddenly had strength. She grabbed his wrist, blood staining his arm. “Follow me.” 

The blood dyed half of Yan Ting’s body red. He looked at the crazy, desperate woman and declared with no emotions, “No.”

“Why, why?” The woman screamed. “Are you going to apologize to me too?!”

Yan Ting looked at her silently. The woman’s screams seemed to pierce his eardrums, trying to extract his dull soul from this stinky shell.

“Someone will come to me tomorrow.” The woman’s screams were so loud that they covered up Yan Ting’s voice. “I promised him.” 

The screams came to an end. The woman and the blood in the house disappeared. Only Yan Ting was left in the spacious hall.

"Sir." Two bodyguards rushed in at this time and turned on the lights in the room, "Are you okay?"

Under the light, Yan Ting was pale in his thin pajamas, looking like a perfect and unsentimental sculpture.

“I’m fine.” Yan Ting lowered his eyelids, his eyes dark.