Ch91 - Don't Think Too Much

Under the moonlight, two adults squatted on the beach and played with sand. The bodyguards stood silently in the distance without disturbing the childish behaviour of their employer.

Previously, Yan Ting had thought that Li Zhao’s castle was ugly. After doing it himself, he found that the sand had its own ideas and started to become loose again. 

“Do you want to add some water?” Li Zhao seriously made a suggestion. “I think after adding water, the viscosity will be stronger.”

Yan Ting turned to look at the bodyguard. After a few minutes, a bodyguard brought a whole set of toys to play in the sand as well as a bucket of water. They found that adding too much water to the sand didn’t improve the value of their castle and only made their hands dirtier.

It wasn’t easy to build a castle. Zhao Zhao sighed.

“We don’t have any experience but the meaning is enough.” In the end, Li Zhao broke the deadlock. “It is important to go through the process. The result isn’t important.” 

Yan Ting, who was seriously piling up the sand, looked at Li Zhao, whose hands were covered with sand. He looked at his own dirty hands and learned from Li Zhao’s appearance, sitting cross-legged on the beach.

Li Zhao saw the ugly castle piled up by the two of them and couldn’t help laughing. He dragged Yan Ting’s hands to wash their hands together in the bucket.”

“Wipe.” Yan Ting took a towel from a bodyguard. Then he bowed his head and held Li Zhao’s hand, gently wiping it.

“I’m so old…” Li Zhao muttered. In fact, no one had wiped his hands so carefully since he was a child. He was 10 years old when he entered the welfare home and was able to take care of himself. The aunts and uncles at the hospital tried to teach him to take care of himself.

It wasn’t bad for them. It was for their own sake. There were no parents to pamper a child. If they weren’t strong enough to take care of themselves, they would only live in the darkness with no hope.”

Yan Ting looked at him. “What old age? A freshman is still a child.”

“Is such a big child a giant baby?” Li Zhao smiled as he let Yan Ting dry his hands. Then his entire body lay lazily on the beach. “Ting Ting, thank you.”

“Thank me for what?” Yan Ting wiped his hands randomly. His upbringing since childhood prevented him from lying on the ground like Li Zhao. He bent his legs and looked down at Li Zhao. 

“In fact, I wanted to recite a long composition thanking you but after seeing you, I don’t want to recite it.” Li Zhao put his hands behind his head. “You certainly don’t want to listen.”

Yan Ting gazed at him gently, eyes brightened by the moonlight.

“For a long time, I wanted to find my parents.” Li Zhao listened to the waves and his heart was very calm. “This type of idea became even stronger once Sister Xia and Brother Zhou got married and Brother Xiaojun and Sister Linlin got together.

He chuckled when he said this. “Perhaps I really don’t have parents. That’s why they didn’t come to me even after I became a popular artist.” 

“Since living with you, I gained a warmth I could never have.” Li Zhao smiled, his eyes curving. Then he sat up and leaned close to Yan Ting. “Ting Ting, in fact, are you the long-legged angel that God gave me?”

Yan Ting’s expression changed slightly. The young man in front of him was in his youth and always full of vitality. Now he said that Yan Ting was the angel of his life. Only he knew that it wasn’t Li Zhao who was rescued. It was himself. He greedily enjoyed this person’s unreserved closeness, trust and everything he brought.