Ch31 - Counting Dumplings

The sound of the young man’s uniform breathing came from the phone along with the faint noise from the film studio. Yan Ting took his phone and pushed open the door connected to the rest room, taking off his coat and lying down on it. The bed was cold but the breathing sound on the phone was warm.

The silent room, his breathing and Li Zhao’s breathing fused together. His noisy brain finally got a moment of serenity. Sleepiness gradually came. He seemed to see fat lambs skipping. It was like Li Zhao was riding on the back of the sheep, dancing in front of him, jumping into his mind. 

“Li Zhao, Li Zhao!” Song Yu found Li Zhao sitting on the chair and sleeping soundly with a coat covering him. He stretched out his feet to kick the chair but in the middle, he took his legs back and poked Li Zhao in the forehead. “Surnamed Li, it’s your scene.”

The dazed Li Zhao subconsciously covered the microphone of the phone, not wanting the sound to be conveyed to Yan Ting.

“Brother Song?” Li opened his eyes. He had just stood up when he shivered from the cold wind. He put his phone to his ear and listened carefully. He could only hear a faint breathing. Ting Ting should be asleep.

He hung up the phone and thanked Song Yu. “Thank you for waking me up, Brother Song.” 

“Who would be willing to take care of you if it wasn’t for the fact that I have an opponent play with you?” Song Yu sneered and casually looked at Zhao Junnan chatting with a few small actors in the distance. “Since he joined the crew, the crew has disrupted our schedule. You received the most night shoots.”

For three days in a row, shooting night scenes until three or four in the morning, who could last?

“Does your team get paid for not working? Why aren’t they dealing with the crew?” Song Yu looked at the black circles on Li Zhao’s face. “Or do you think your company will wrong you for the sake of this drama?”

Li Zhao shook his head without saying a word. Song Yu saw the other person like this and felt like his heart was full of fire. “Okay, I won’t bother to tell you. Forget it, you idiot!”

“Zhao Zhao, drink some hot tea first.” Da Ke came with Li Zhao’s hot tea, followed by the crew’s make-up artist.

“Da Ke, it’s hard for you. Go back to the hotel and wake me up tomorrow morning.” Li Zhao looked at the time and told Da Ke. “You have nothing to do for me here. I will go back to sleep after filming.”

“It’s fine I’ll lie down in the RV for a while.” Da Ke told him. “The company heard that you have been filming night scenes for the past two days and are worried your body can’t stand it. They specifically arranged an RV for you so it is more convenient for you to rest.”

Once the makeup artists heard this, they knew that Strawberry Entertainment wasn’t very satisfied with the arrangement of the crew. One of them left and told the crew. 

The crew heard the news and suddenly understood that this was the investor’s euphemistic expression of dissatisfaction. It was just that Director Yang had a status in the TV drama circle and Strawberry Entertainment didn’t want to make things too embarrassing for him. They could only use this type of gently means.

Zhao Junnan currently had popularity but it wasn’t worth mentioning when compared to the main investors. There had always been no shortage of actors in the entertainment circle. This year there was Zhao Junnan. Next year, there might Li Junnan or Zhang Junnan.