Ch71.1 - Warm

“I’m picking you up to go home.” Yan Ting’s eyes swept over Zhu Xia and the others in the room before finally falling on Li Zhao. “Let’s go.”

“How did you know I was here?” Li Zhao smiled and bent over to put on his shoes while Yan Ting stood at the door and watched him. Yan Ting replied, “Sister Xia told me.” 

Li Zhao put on his shoes and spoke to Zhang Xiaoyuan on the other end of the phone. “Brother Xiaoyuan, my friend came to pick me up. You don’t need to.”

“I’ll go to your house to find you.” Zhang Xiaoyuan hurriedly hung up the phone.

“So urgent, is there an important cooperation?” Li Zhao turned and said goodbye to his friends. “Then I’ll go back first. Come to my barbecue tomorrow, don’t forget.”

“Okay, okay.” Zhu Xia and the others nodded in agreement. 

Once Yan Ting and Li Zhao left, Zhou Ming asked Zhu Xia, “When did you contact Xiao Yan?”

Zhu Xia said nothing.

“Something happened with Zhao Zhao.” Zhu Linlin was holding her phone to return the blessing messages from her friends when a notification jumped out. She clicked in and looked at her before her face became scared.

“What?”

The friends were shocked. Zhao Zhao had just gone out the door. Why had something happened?”

“Zhao Zhao’s previous matter… was dug out by the paparazzi.”

Previous matter? Zhu Xia took the phone from Zhu Linlin and saw a photo that made her heart hurt. There was a photo taken 10 years ago when Li Zhao’s abuse was exposed. Although the eyes were mosaiced, she could recognize it instantly. This was Li Zhao as a child.

The article vividly described Li Zhao’s abuse and even took photos of the old house where Li Zhao had lived before he was 10 years old. 

[Old Man Li hasn’t been educated and didn’t know it was illegal to beat his children. After he was put in prison, the poor family lost his strength. His two biological children were also ridiculed because of their father’s imprisonment. They didn’t go to high school and went to work in a big city.]

[This reporter asked Old Man Li if there were any regrets about what happened back then. The old and tired man was silent for a long time before saying that if he knew it would cause so many things, he wouldn’t have picked up the child because of his soft heart…]

“This group of beasts, how could these beasts reverse black and white like this, regardless of right and wrong?”

After reading the article, Zhu Xia was crying angry tears and she shouted, "What will people not do for this loudy traffic?! Why didn't those bastard die?"

Zhu Xia finished the scolded and covered her mouth. "How sad would Zhao Zhao be if he saw this type of article? These people have no heart, they aren't human."

There had been many people on the Internet who discovered the news that a child called Xiao Ming was rescued 10 years ago. Some school teachers and villagers were interviewed. There was also photos of the child being beaten until he was blue and purple all over, his head swollen abnormally and full of injuries.