Ch35 - Touching Porcelain

TL Note: Touching Porcelain (Setting up a scam by creating an accident and then demanding compensation)

He was woken up by the loud knocking on the door. Li Zhao reached out and touched the phone he had forgotten by his pillow. He half-squinted at the phone and saw it was nearly 12 in the morning. Who would knock on his door at this time? 

He immediately remembered the fear caused by Yao Shasha in the Overbearing Female President crew. He carefully peered through the cat’s eye in the door and saw Song Yu’s deformed face.

Li Zhao opened the door. “Brother Song, what did you find me for? Come in and speak.”

Seeing Li Zhao’s sleepy eyes, Song Yu smiled angrily. “Sleeping, are you a pig who can keep sleeping?”

“It is midnight. Why aren’t you sleeping?” Li Zhao had long been used to Song Yu’s tantrums. He turned to take a bottle of unopened water from the cabinet and handed it to Song Yu. “Drink some water and calm down.” 

“Are you giving me free mineral water from the hotel?” Song Yu held the water in his hand and couldn’t believe his eyes. “Li Zhao, how can you do this?”

“What’s wrong with mineral water? It is healthy and quenches thirst.” Li Zhao was afraid that Song Yu’s loud voice would wake up others. He hastily closed the door and smiled at Song Yu. “Brother Song, if you don’t want to drink it then leave it to me. I’ll take it to the crew tomorrow.”

Song Yu, “……”

After mixing in the circle for so long, Li Zhao was the poorest actor he knew. He stared at Li Zhao, opened the bottle cap and drank half of the bottle. “I’m sorry, I drank it.”

Li Zhao was silent. What on earth was this person doing?

“Li Zhao, I didn’t think you were this type of hypocrite.” Song Yu threw the remaining half a bottle of water into the trash can and sneered. “On the surface, you say you have no endorsements yet you’ve been talking well with Cang Huan. Have you been playing me for a fool?”

“Cang Huan?” Li Zhao was shocked. Wasn’t this the place where Ting Ting worked?

What did it have to do with him? 

He looked down at the bottle of mineral water in the trash can and was a bit distressed.

“The official Weibo has publicized it. Are you still pretending?” Song Yu sat on the sofa. “Strawberry Entertainment managed to help you get such a big resource. By the way, what’s wrong with your agent? Why didn’t you forward Cang Huan’s Weibo post?”

“What post?” Li Zhao removed his eyes from the trash can, opened his phone and found Cang Huan’s Weibo.

Cang Huan’s latest product endorsement? 

His eyes widened as he stared, confirming that the person mentioned in the Weibo post was him. He quickly quit Weibo, opened his address book and called Luo Rong’s phone.

“Brother Luo, what is going on with this endorsement?” Li Zhao scratched his head. “I’ve been too busy with filming recently. Did I miss any key news?”

“I thought you would be sleeping until tomorrow morning.” Luo Rong was particularly patient with Li Zhao. “The contract you signed with the company states that the company needs your consent to use your personal Weibo account. That’s why we haven’t forwarded the post for you. However, don’t worry too much. The studio Weibo has forwarded it first.”