Ch16 - Fuwa (2008 Olympic Mascot)

The two men silently looked at each other in the darkness. Cao Jia borrowed the faint light of his mobile phone to hand over a business card.

Li Zhao took the business card and looked at it. These days, swindlers were really professional and made it look real. From an early age, Li Zhao had understood a truth. A pie would never fall from the sky. 

Seeing that Li Zhao didn’t speak after taking the business card, Cao Jia pushed his glasses up his nose. “Teacher Li, our Strawberry Entertainment participates in TV dramas, movies and artist management. We have many well-known artists and the artists have the best teams. As long as you are willing to join our company, we will provide you with a tailored development plan for your future. You will get high-quality resources. Please carefully consider it.” He glanced at the old rental building. “Of course, we will also arrange housing.”

“I’m sorry, I thought you were a criminal so I accidentally kicked you. I hope you aren’t hurt.” He secretly checked the Internet for Cao Jia’s information before taking two steps forward, his smile enthusiastic. “Shall I take you to see a doctor?”

“It’s fine.” Cao Jia gritted his teeth with pain but didn’t forget to maintain his smile. “Teacher Li’s move is for the safety of all the residents in the building. You are courageous. Blame me for not thinking well and bothering you so late.”

“This is my ID card.” Cao Jia saw that this child looked delicate and his smile naive. The child living alone in this old building had strong vigilance and was at least safe. 

He thought that Li Zhao might not believe him and held out his identity card to Li Zhao. “This is my ID card. Teacher Li, please believe that I came with sincerity.”

Li Zhao glanced at the ID card but didn’t take it. He pulled out his phone and sent a message to Zhang Xiaoyuan.

Good Luck is Coming to Zhao Zhao: Brother Xiaoyuan, do you think that the assistant of Strawberry Entertainment’s president will wait at my door in order to sign me, as well as boast that I am courageous after kicking him?

After a while, Zhang Xiaoyuan replied.

Brother Xiaoyuan: Go home and sleep early. You are dreaming of everything.

Li Zhao: However, there is a man called Cao Jia who is claiming to be the assistant of Strawberry Entertainment’s president and he is looking to sign me. I looked at his ID card and searched the Internet. It seems to be him.

Brother Xiaoyuan: Fuck? Zhao Zhao, what good luck have you been getting lately?

Brother Xiaoyuan: Let him wait first. I will come right away! 

Brother Xiaoyuan: Don’t let him run!

A cup of hot water was placed in front of Cao Jia and he politely gave his thanks. He looked at the handsome person sitting on the sofa with an innocent smile. This could make people forgive him for all his mistakes.

If it wasn’t for the pain coming from the place where he was kicked, he wouldn’t have believed that the other person could kick an adult man to the wall. “Teacher Li is very good. Have you practiced before?”

Li Zhao recalled his experience of fighting that had accumulated over the years. "There is no systematic learning but I have some  practical experience."