#23

The car ride home had been quiet. A peaceful silence as Katsuki drove himself, Izuku and Kirishima back home.

Kirishima turned from his place in the passengers seat to check on Izuku, who's head was leant against the car window in the backseat. He'd fallen asleep somewhere along the way, which didn't surprise either of the men in the front, considering the time.

Kirishima turned to the front, squinting slightly at the glow of the sunrise. Despite the comfortable silence, the red-head couldn't shake the unsettling feeling of what had happened in the restaurant only half an hour ago. As good as the blonde was at hiding it, Kirishima had known him long enough to decipher when Katsuki was uneasy; and if the stiffness in the Alpha's shoulders didn't give him away, his unforgiving grip on the steering wheel definitely did.

Kirishima gave one last glance behind him to make sure that the greenette was asleep. Then, he finally decided to address the elephant in the room. Or car.

"You're tense." He broke the silence, glancing to the blonde to read his face. His stoic expression didn't waver, but his grip on the wheel tightening didn't pass unnoticed.

Katsuki sighed, his shoulders falling ever so slightly. "You know I don't trust him, Kirishima." The blonde side-eyed Kirishima expectantly.

He knew what he meant by that. Of course he knew. Katsuki meant Todoroki, and he'd be lying if he said he could blame him. He was about to reply with some form of comfort, when Katsuki continued.

"Anyone too closely associated with him goes, too." His face twisted in distaste as the memory of earlier returned. "She was too friendly."

Anyone who had met Katsuki would respond with a simple; 'You hate everyone friendly,' but as Kirishima remembered the brief, precarious glance he and Katsuki had shared back then, he bit his tongue. Instead, he unknowingly settled for something much worse. "Maybe she's into you."

Katsuki snapped his head towards his friend with his eyes wide, almost forgetting that he was behind the wheel as his hands jittered to the left, steering them off-track. They were lucky that it was stupid o'clock in the morning, so the roads were empty.

The blonde quickly forced his head forwards, gaining back control over the vehicle as he swerved it back into the correct lane. He and Kirishima sat in shock for a moment, Kirishima's grip on the safety handle he'd latched onto loosened, his hand falling to his lap.

"Don't do that shit while I'm driving, you idiot!" Katsuki reprimanded, despite the startle in his voice. He took a deep breath, forcing himself to calm down as he regained his path easily.

Kirishima frowned. "It isn't as absurd as you'd think." He suggested, watching as the blonde's brows furrowed in response.

"She and twofold are dating." He said as if it were final.

Kirishima threw his head back in his seat, sighing at the topic of conversation his next words would bring them onto. It was never a pleasant one. "Has that ever stopped Todoroki before?"

Whatever tenseness in Katsuki's shoulders that had subsided before quickly returned. He kept quiet, thinking of what to reply. Maybe he was silent for a little too long, because Kirishima carried on talking when the blonde never replied.

"Advancing on someone else while in a relationship is nothing new to Todoroki, so who's to say that girl isn't the same way?" He tried to choose his words carefully.

Katsuki thought back to Todoroki's last relationship. It was messy. He couldn't remember a single time that the two looked glad to be together. Maybe because the real situation wasn't exactly a secret. Todoroki may as well have been fucking all of the people he did right in front of his now ex-girlfriend.