#24

Katsuki woke up with a newfound determination. He rolled over in his bed to turn off his phone alarm. The time was 12pm, meaning Katsuki hadn't gotten as much sleep as he would usually, considering he went to sleep at almost 8am. He forced open his heavy eyelids as he pushed himself out of bed. There was no time to waste on sleep. Not today

He fumbled with his phone, opening up Izuku's contact. He had given Izuku his number a while back now, yet the two had never messaged once apart from Izuku confirming that it was Katsuki's number. Ignoring the jittery feeling in his stomach, he typed out his message to the greenette, "Get yourself ready, we're going out somewhere today. And wear something warm."

He stared at the unsent message, wondering if he should at least say 'good morning' first. The blonde was never good with words.

A sudden knock on his door jolted him from his thoughts as he tapped the 'send' button in a panic. With a curse under his breath, he switched off and threw his phone on his bed so that he wouldn't be tempted to delete the message. For such a cocky Alpha, he sure was a nervous wreck when it came to that damn Omega.

Katsuki swiftly pulled a navy shirt from his bedroom floor and slipped it on to cover his shirtless body before opening his door. Standing outside was Yaoyorozu, who was fiddling with a folder of paperwork, as she usually was.

"Ah, good morning, Bakugou." She greeted, earning a silent nod in response. "I saw the note you left on my desk. Everything has been booked as you requested, but I suppose I couldn't help but become a little curious."

Katsuki raised an eyebrow at this, his arms folding as he waited for her to continue.

She took a quick look over her shoulder as if to make sure that nobody was around, and then leaned in a little to mutter; "Are you taking Izuku on a date?"

Katsuki bit the inside of his cheek before nodding. There was no real reason to keep it a secret, but Yaoyorozu knew Katsuki well enough to know that he'd be embarrassed over that kind of thing. And her speculations were confirmed when a flush pink tinted at his cheeks.

"I didn't pin you as the romantic type." She teased, giving the blonde a knowing grin.

Katsuki rolled his eyes with a 'tch' in response. "I'm not. Deku is just..."  He trailed off, struggling to find the right word to use. Was there even a word that existed to describe the transcendence that was Izuku Midoriya?

"Different?" Yaoyorozu finished his sentence.

Katsuki shrugged impartially. "Something like that."

The blonde turned back into his room as Momo left, presumably to get back to work. Katsuki threw off his shirt and left it back on the ground where he found it. He really should clean his room, but he had something much more important to attend to as of right now. Housework could wait.

Sure, he could let one of the house cleaners take care of it, but he hated people in his room, going through his things. His room was strictly off-limits.

Katsuki disappeared into his bathroom. He turned on his shower, feeling the cold water run on his outstretched hand. He turned to his sink, leaning his hands against the sides as he looked himself in the mirror while the water heated up. His hair was dishevelled as expected, and he smelled a mix of his caramel scent and sweat. He was always sickly sweet smelling in the morning, or just any time he was sweating in general.

He turned back to his shower, the water now a lukewarm temperature. He removed his sweatpants and stepped in. Today was the start of something new.

Katsuki hopped down the staircase a little quicker than usual. He swung around the banister at the end and into the kitchen where he politely dismissed his chefs. Politely.