Chapter 1 - Welcome to Mystic Falls

I wanted a fresh start, coming back to Mystic Falls. But I couldn't let Stefan or Damon know. That would make this plan ten times worse.

***

I walked into a neighborhood, having no idea where the hell I was. Mystic Falls was stupid now. So many dumb ads plastered all over the city. I can't figure anything out and their is pretty much nobody out to help me, and honestly, I have no idea where I'm even going. I'm just kind of walking down a long, long, road that is never ending. I know where I'm not going, though. The Salvatore's house. My brothers. One of them - Stefan - was my twin, and the other one - Damon - was my big, bad brother. Or say he says.

They don't know I'm alive, yet. The reason I'm alive, though, is because Katherine saved me for literally walking to death with open hands. I was ready to die, honestly. But here I am, in 2010, alive and well.

Katherine told me to meet her at some place called the Mystic Grill, but I still have no idea where I am! Suddenly, a boy started walking down the sidewalk. He's the first person I had seen for half an hour, and I wasn't going to not take this chance. I ran over to him with a smile.

"Excuse me," I started, "but I need help finding the Mystic Grill. Could you give me directions?"

He nodded. "Sure."

I looked into his ice blue eyes as he talked. They kind of reminded me of Damon. He started to talk and point forward then to the side. I nodded my head, taking in every word he was saying, yet still not listening. All I heard was 'blah blah blah north blah blah blah turn left blah blah blah.'

"Do you want me to just drive you there instead? I'm not very good at explaining directions." He said with a little laugh. I nodded with a smile and thanked him. We turned back around and headed to his car.

"So, what's your name?" I asked, trying to make conversation as we were walking.

"James." He said, as he looked at me again with his gorgeous eyes.

"I'm Ci- Hayley." I said. "Have you lived in Mystic Falls for a long time?" That was a close one, he could've found out I'm actually Ciara, and tell some one and it somehow gets to Stefan and Damon. That cannot happen.

"No, actually I just moved here. From Louisiana."

We finally reached his car, which was a junky old, blue Ford truck that seems as if it was made way before him - which it probably was. James smiled and opened my door. I fake smiled, and thanked him. He put the keys in and I jumped as the engine made a loud roar.

"Isn't she a beauty." He exclaimed, trying to talk over the loud engine.

"She sure is." I muttered.

He drove past the forever going neighborhood, and we were finally in the city part. I looked out the window, then quickly hid my head. It was Stefan. I hope he didn't notice me.

"Are you okay?" James asked.

I nodded my head. "Yup, I'm good. Just.. shy, I guess." I lied. He smiled and kept driving.

We finally reached the grill, which seemed like forever, because he kept telling me about his stupid hunting stories that I could obviously care less about. James slowly came to a stop in front of the grill. I looked at him and smiled.

"Thanks, James. I would be totally lost without you." I said. He smiled as I got out and rushed into the grill. I slowly opened the door, and looked inside. No Salvatore's here. I casually walked inside and sat down in a booth. I looked around for Katherine, who didn't appear to be here.

"Boo." I heard a voice said. I turned around and jumped. It was the one and only, Katherine Pierce.

"It's about time." I said, acting as if I was here the whole time.

"Save the act, Ciara. I just saw you come in." Katherine said, with her sassy smile.

"It's Hayley now. I need to hide my idenity. But I haven't seen you since 1864, how've you been?" I asked. For a minute I zoned out, remembering the last night I saw Katherine.

*1864*

People were yelling, gun shots were going off. It was hell. Especially for me and Katherine. The villagers, well, they figured out that we were vampires. Katherine and I were being help captive in a church that would soon be burned. There were 13 other vampires, claiming this was all Katherine's fault. Suddenly, a man stood at the door of the church. But I wasn't exactly a vampire yet, though. The reason, though, I was in this situation was, because I claimed I wouldn't be away from Katherine. She was like my sister. I couldn't loose her,

"Katherine, I'll get you out of here." A boy said from the outside of the door. He opened the door and let only me and Katherine out. He slammed the door from keeping everyone else from getting out.

"Thank you, George." Katherine said, placing a kiss on his cheek. I nodded and looked back at the door. All I could hear was the banging from the people who were still locked inside.

"Katherine, I think we should go help everyone else out." I said, nervous that some day they might get us back. I suddenly heard gunfires coming closer to us.

"No, there's no time," She said. Katherine quickly bit her wrist as stuffed it in my mouth. I suddenly felt a bullet hit me in the stomach, and Katherine dragged my lifeless body to a corner.

*Present Day*

"Ciara!" Katherine snapped. With a blink of an eye we were in the ladies restroom.

"What the?" I said.

"Stefan was coming." Katherine said. I nodded. As much as I wanted to see my twin, it would cause too much comotion. It was a bad idea. Suddenly, a girl with curly blonde hair walked in.

"Oh, shit. It's the barbie doll." Katherine said.

"Katherine." She said.

"Surprise, bitch." Katherine said, slamming the girl against the wall.

"Katherine, stop!" I yelled in a whisper voice.

"Who are you?" The blonde girl asked as Katherine loosened her grip on her neck.

"I'm," I paused for a second "Hayley."

She cupped her mouth and jumped up and down squealing. "You look like my friend Stefan. You have his facial expressions and everything." She said.

"Um. Yeah.." I said, giving her a fake smile. It's not like we're twins or anything ...

Katherine started to tap her foot on the ground inpatiently.

"Let's go to the hotel." Katherine said. I nodded and we used our vampire super speed to go to the hotel without Stefan or Damon seeing us. This was actually kind of fun, snooping around.

We opened the hotel doors and went up the elevator to the 18th floor. As soon as the metal doors opened, Katherine turned left and walked all the way down to the door that read, 'Room 64.' She slipped her card into the holder and opened the door.

The hotel was very nice. There were two beds, one giant window for sunlight - we both had daylight rings, obviously - and a nice big bathroom to put all of our stuff in- and that was a lot. I walked inside and collapsed onto the giant bed.

"I'm so tired, Katherine." I said. She didn't say anything and just walked over to her bed and laid down. "Me too." She said.

I had fallen asleep, but woke up a couple times when I heard giggling and a lot of moving coming from Katherine's side of the room. Did she really bring someone over? Well, of course she did. She is Katherine Pierce.

***

Like & Comment! I want to get your opinions!<3 hope you like it so far:)

~elenasxlvatore