Chapter 29 - Goodbye

I hopped off of the couch when I heard my phone beep.

Stefan: klaus wants to c u rn. come ovr.

Me: k.

I said my goodbyes to Caroline and Elena and walked back home. I knocked on the door and Klaus opened the door.

"Hey, Stefan said you wanted to see me?" I asked, taking a peek inside for Stefan.

"He's not here." Klaus said, noticing my peeking. He moved over so I could walk in. I walked over to the couch and sat down, Klaus following.

"You look ravishing today." He said with a smirk. I gave him an embarrassed look and thanked him.

"So what's up?" I asked as I looked into his deep sea blue eyes.

"I really like you, Ciara." He plainly stated as he scooted closer to me. My face turned bright red. He placed a kiss on my cheek.

I moved back. "I'm sorry Klaus, you're an amazing guy, but I like someone else."

His eyes turned to sadness. "Who?"

"Uh, well, um," I started, not knowing how to correctly word this. "It's y-your brother, Elijah." I said, not looking forward to the tantrum he'd soon have.

"You know about the curse don't you?" He asked, calmly. I slowly nodded my head.

"I know the truth, Ciara. Deep down I know you still have feelings for Kol, you're trying to convince yourself that they don't exist," he paused, "well they do." Then he zoomed off.

Gosh, he just made my mind twist 180 degrees. I do NOT have any feelings for Kol once so ever.

"Ciara," I heard, "I know you like Kol."

I turned around and saw Elijah. "No, no, I don't."

He moved closer and nodded his head. "Yes, you do. And I'm fine with that. Whatever makes you happy."

Suddenly, Kol walked in. "Ciara."

I closed my eyes, I didn't want them here!

Kol suddenly ran over, fangs showing and bit my neck. I could feel his fangs sinking into my neck as he took the blood. My vision was a blur.

"No, Kol!" I heard Elijah yell before my face hit the floor.

***

"Ciara?" I heard someone vaguely say. I slowly opened my eyes to noticed I was in a hospital. My arm was connected with some tube connected to a machine. I looked up and saw Stefan. I quickly sat up.

"What happened?" I asked, very, very, confused.

"Kol.. He thinks he killed you. And he took enough blood to where he should've. But you didn't, because a witch had a safety spell on you. But don't worry, I got you a ticket and a house so you can go to New York. The Mikaelsons would think you died, and everything would be okay." Stefan said. I took in everything. New York? No Mikaelsons? It sounded like a fantasy, but it was real.

Later that day, I got released from the hospital and went back to the house. I took a suitcase out of my closet and shoved all my clothes in it.

Stefan later showed me a picture of the house, and told me he toured it and thought it was perfect for me. "It's a small house. Lots of gorgeous glass windows." I smiled. It was pretty, if I do say so myself.

Once I was all packed I invited all my friends and family over to say goodbye.

***

After I invited all my family members - which was one person, my uncle - it was time for my friends. I didn't dare invite a Mikaelson, obviously.

Katherine opened the door and walked right in. She hugged me as hard as she could. "I'll miss my best friend." I heard her say. I nodded my head as a drop of water leaved my eye. I loved Katherine so much, she was my sister. I couldn't be apart from her.

Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie bursted through the door with big, puffy red eyes. They had been crying. I came over and hugged them.

"Ciara, you're an amazing friend and I can't live knowing your on the other side of the country." Elena said. I hugged her by herself, trying not to cry.

"I'll miss you a lot. Glad we became friends." Bonnie said as I hugged her.

"I'm trying not to judge your outfit," Caroline said with a laugh, "I'm totally kidding. But I'll miss you a lot. I still remember that day in the grill with you and Katherine." I let out a laugh and a hug.

Once we finished talking, I was done saying goodbye to all my friends. Now time for the hard part. My brothers.

I turned around and saw Damon standing awkwardly by the stairwell. I ran over and hugged him.

"I'm sorry I have to go. This is all my fault, I know, I know-"

"Shut up, Ciara. It's not your fault you were cursed with that goddamn family. It's not your fault at all." Damon said as he hugged me. I couldn't help it, the tears started to fall.

I turned around and saw Stefan... This was going to be hard. I ran over to him and jumped in his arms.

"I'm gonna miss this." He said with a sigh. His face was red and it looked like he'd been crying for hours.

"Stefan, I love you. And I'll miss you so much I don't what the hell I'll do without you. I need my twin." I said. He gave me a sympathetic look.

"I love you too. And you better visit every other weekend. And call if you need help, I'll be there," Stefan paused, "this is going to be hard no me. I thought my twin died and I didn't really care, but now I do.

And now all I have is regret for not knowing. But I'm glad Katherine saved you. Now go get on that plane and have the best time in California.

I nodded with a smile. I tried to stay strong for him but that was not possible.

***

I stood in the line to get on the plane. I took one last look at everyone and everything. I'll be okay.