Chapter 23 - Normal-ish

"Stefan, telling me a few sad stories - that I honestly could care less about - will not get me to turn my humanity back on." I said. I was sitting in a chair, my hands tied with rope.

He stared at me. "Oh, sister, I doubt a few sob stories won't help. You've always been very sensitive."

"Shut up," I started, and looked at Damon and smiled. "Did you know what happened between Damon and Elena a couple nights ago?"

Damon growled at me. He had kissed Elena - a lot.

"No, I do not," Stefan said, turning toward Damon. "Damon, what happened?"

Perfect, turning my brothers against each other.

"I have no idea what she's talking about." Damon stated. How stupid did he think Stefan was?

I suddenly heard a noise and looked towards the door. Great, Karson, the last person I wanted to see. Considering he was the doppelgänger of my love who literally just died.

"May I speak to Ciara?" He asked. The two brothers looked at each other and nodded. They walked out of the room and left me with Karson, who held something in his hand.

Karson walked over to me and handed me a book. "Here. Read it."

"What the hell is this?" I said giving the book gross looks considering it was covered in dust and dirt.

"It has every time we were together.. Think of it like a scrapbook sort of." He said.

"We've only hung out like three times. That's not going to turn my humanity back on, but nice try." I said with a smirk.

"On the contrary, I bet if you just read it then you'll have to turn your humanity back on."

I sighed and opened the book to a random page.

*1975*

"Kol!" I screamed with a laugh. He ran over and picked me up. We were at a beautiful waterfall right by Kol's old village as a child. It was gorgeous.

"I shall not, love." Kol said, splashing water on me, getting my jeans and t shirt wet.

He suddenly pulled my face under the water and quickly lifted it back up, and placing a kiss on my lips. I smiled.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Ciara, I love you. And even if you forget me I will still remember every memory. And I hope if you ever leave that we'll meet again." Kol said.

"Shut up and kiss me." I said, kissing him again.

***

"So? You took Kol's diary? How is this supposed to help? And how'd you get it?" I said, throwing the book back on the hardwood floor.

Karson sighed and picked the diary back up. "Yes, I did take MY diary and this is supposed to help because it has all of you and I's, KOL, memories," he stated, "and I got it from my house."

"What the hell are you talking about, KARSON. You're not Kol, because Kol died." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well, if you would like an explanation about how I AM Kol, I would be glad to explain." KARSON said.

"I would gladly listen, KARSON." I argued. He looked as if we about to explode.

"Well, that time at the grill when you were with Karson and he had to leave early, he walked across the street and got hit by a car. Not that difficult to understand." Karson , or Kol, said.

"Wait, wait.. So does that mean.. Karson? No.. But?" I stuttered. Was Karson dead or was he lying.

"I swear, love, it's me." Kol, or who I was trying to believe was Karson, said.