Chapter 9 - Dates

Kol: I'm sorry I took u home. But my siblings are back:(( and i didn't want 'em 2 see u!!!

Me: oh, it's fine. Maybe we can hang out later?

Kol: 4 sure. After lunch we can go see a movie or something?<33

Me: yeah.

I smiled, Kol was so cute when he texted me. I wanted to love him, but it's the wrong thing. But now that James is back, we wouldn't be able to do the things we had been doing when he left.. This is probably the last time we'll be hanging out for a while. At least until I figure out this stupid curse.

I slipped on a white dress and peach sandals and walked down the long line of stairs.

"Bye, Damon. Gonna meet with Katherine." I said as I walked out of the door. The air felt so nice against my face. I wanted to walk to the grill, enjoy this beautiful day. I smiled as I passed a lady with two little kids. I wanted that, but I'm a vampire, and I'd never get that. Vampires couldn't procreate, which sucked. No families. Our Salvatore family line ends here.

I kept walking. It seemed as if the neighborhood was buzzing. There were a million cars everywhere.

I was finally at the grill, and saw Katherine impatiently waiting for me. I walked over quicker to not annoy her as much, because she's crazy when she's annoyed.

"Hey." I said as I sat at the little two person table.

"Took you long enough." Katherine muttered.

"Sorry, I walked here." I said.

"It's fine." She said.

Suddenly, our cheery waiter came over.

"Hello! Welcome to the Mystic Grill! I'm Baylee. What can I get you to drink?" She asked.

"Waters fine." I said. The lady nodded and walked over to the bar and sat down. I looked through the long menu. I guess I'd just get a salad. The lady came back over as soon as she could tell we were ready.

"What can I get you to eat?" She asked.

"Just the salad." I said. She enthusiastically nodded.

"I'll have a burger with lettuce and cheese only." Katherine said. Baylee took our menus and dropped them off on the counter at the entrance.

"So, where were you?" She asked.

"I had sex with Kol." I admitted. I know Katherine would tell me her honest opinion about my actions..

She chocked. "Kol? Mikaelson?"

"Yeah." I said, embarrassed.

"But what about the curse?" Katherine asked.

"It doesn't matter. It's not like Kol's going to ask me to marry him any time soon." I said. I sighed, thinking about having a family with Kol. It would be.. perfect. But I'm still a vampire, and vampires can't have kids..

Suddenly, our waitress came back with our food. On one hand she held my salad - which she quickly sat down on our table, for she was about to drop it - and Katherine's burger in the other.

"Here's your food!" She said with a smile.

We thanked her and started eating. Katherine took a large bite while I picked up my fork like the civilized person I was NOT and started eating politely. Katherine stared at me as if the real Ciara Salvatore was abducted by aliens.

Kol: heyy when do u want me 2 pick u up??

Me: almost done with lunch I'll be home soon.

Kol: k:) c u l8er!!!

"I gotta get going. I have to meet up with someone. Text me later so we can hang out again." I said as I got up to walk back to my house. Suddenly, a blue truck stopped where I'd been walking.

"Hey, Hayley." James said, poking his head out of the car.

"Hey!" I said, trying to tell over the loud engine.

"Let's go do something!" He yelled back.

"Can't," I started, "I'm busy."

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Going to a movie with a.. friend." I said. He turned off his car so we could stop yelling.

"Oh, I would love to meet your friend sometime. We should all hang out." He said. I faked smiled and said that that'd be a great idea. Sarcasm, of course. I said goodbye and kept walking.

Before I could walk back to my house, a Mazeratti parked beside me. The window rolled down and Kol - trying to act cool - took off his sunglasses. What a cliche. But he was MY cliche.

"Woah, hotshot, you compelled yourself a car?" I asked as I hopped in the red car.

"Not exactly." He said. Kol made a U-turn and made his way to the movie theater.