Chapter 21 - Delivering News

"Tell her when she wakes up."

"I don't think we should. Just keep it a secret."

"It's not like she needs to know."

I slowly opened my eyes. What were they chatting about this time? I sat up, and brushed my hand through my hair. I had slept on the couch that night.

"Good morning, darling." Klaus said.

"It's 3:00 in the afternoon," I started, "and what are you even doing here."

"I'm brin-"

"Nothing!" Stefan screamed, suddenly pushing Klaus out.

"Stefan." I sternly said. He couldn't keep a secret from me for that long. Stefan walked over to the couch and sighed.

"Fine, but you're going to hate me." He said. I nodded. Stefan looked down at his fingers and wiggled them, obviously trying to stall.

"Tell me!" I yelled, making him sit straight up.

"Kol.. he..died."

"What!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Not Kol, this is a joke. "How do you know?"

"Klaus saw. That's why he was here."

I pulled out my phone, but then realized.. I have no friends to text. I looked at my screen and noticed a drop of water from my eyes. Kol died. I should've been with him. Not Karson, how much stupider can I get!

"I can ask my friend Caroline to help do the funeral?" Stefan offered. I nodded as he wiped the tears away from my face.

***

It had been a few weeks.. and today was the day. Kol's funeral. I was not looking forward to standing in front of everyone reading some shitty pre made speech that I'll probably mess up on anyways. I don't want this. I want Kol to re-die, but this time in my arms. That seemed very unsensitive considering I didn't want him to die anyways.

I looked in the mirror at my reflection. I wore a black lace dress that went down to a little above my knees. My hair was down and flowing. Kol would've said I looked gorgeous, even though I wasn't.

I walked down the stairs, and Stefan came over and hooked arms with me. At the bottom of the stairwell stood Damon who did the same. As the moment lasted, I kind of felt like a princess. But I was not going to a ball. It was the complete opposite.

"You ready?" Damon asked, leading me to his car. I nodded. This just happened so fast..

We drove to the little Mystic Falls Church where Stefan's friend Caroline insisted we have it. I actually didn't care where we held it. As long as I got to see Kol one more time.

As we parked the car and started to walk in, I saw a little row marked 'Mikaelsons and Salvatores.' We walked over and I sat in between James (yuck) and Stefan. I saw a boy, Karson, walk over and sit next to me.

"I'm sorry, Ciara." He said as I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"It's fine."

The priest came up and talked about a bunch of crap I could care less about.

"Ciara Salvatore, may you come up?" He asked. I nodded and walked passed my brothers. I finally reached the podium and started talking,

"What can I say. He was such an amazing person. I loved him. He was my true love." I stopped and looked up as Karson walked back in. "He was a stranger when we first met. It was random how we first met. But I'm glad we did. He had such an amazing soul and he will always be remembered. Always and Forever." I looked over to the Mikaelsons, who were smiling at the term.

I walked back to my seat, and instead of leaning on Karson's shoulder, Stefan wrapped his arms around me. He knew this was hard on me. Karson had pretty much missed half of the funeral, but who really cared.

Finally, the funeral was over and I was done. If I ever hear the name Kol again I will stab myself. It's too painful.

***

KLAUS POV

"So, Karson, how does it feel not being a doppelgänger?" I said as I came over and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Karson?"

"What?"

"I'm Kol, brother.."

"What the hell are you trying to do Karson?"

"When Marcel was growing up I tried to teach him the 'theater' but you and Elijah daggered me instead."

"And how is that proof?"

"I swear, brother, I'm not dead."

Klaus looked over at Ciara, and took a moment to think.

"If you didn't die.. then Karson did.. Shit."

Ciara started to walk over to us. She hooked arms with Kol-or Karson depending on if he's lying or not-and kissed him on the cheek.

"Let's go, Karson."