Chapter 7 - Hello, Kai

"Kai, we meet again." I said with a sigh. I should've known. Meeting up at the place we met at. How cheesy. He moved closer to me, and whacked me in the head with a metal crow bar, and I started to black out.

***

I slowly opened my eyes. Where was I? How'd I get here? I looked around in the dark, tiny space I was in.

"Hello." I looked as the door opened, and saw Kai. The light was blinding and I covered my eyes with my palms. I tried to attack him but I couldn't. Shit, he had a spell on me. But what would you expect from a witch? Especially a Gemini.

"Kai," I sad, trying to get him to let me go, "where are we?"

"And why would I tell you that?" He asked. Kai walked closer to my face with a cute little sinister smile. "It's been a while, Ciara."

I growled. I hated Kai. He killed my best friend, or one of them at least.

"C'mon, Ciara. You love me." Kai said, bringing his arms out as if I should hug him. I'd rarer stab myself with a knife than hug that monster.

"Loved." I corrected.

"Wow, but after I killed Sarah you tried to murder me," he started, "but that obviously never happened."

I started to rush toward him to strangle him, but he suddenly stuck his hand out and I was still. What did Kai want with me? I wasn't special, at all.

"Kai, you have to stop." I said. I suddenly heard a loud ringing in my head. I fell to my knees while squeezing my head.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop. But because I love you." He winked and walked over to the kitchen table. "You want a drink?"

I slowly got up and walked over to the counter. "Uh, sure." He handed me a beer. That wasn't complicated, which weirded me out considering Kai is the most complicated person I've ever met.

"Do you mind if I go out on the balcony?" I asked. He nodded. I walked over to the door and opened it. I stepped out, and felt the cool wind against my face. It felt as if I hadn't been outside in years... It felt.. nice. I took a look around the neighborhood. It was a gorgeous day. It was sunny, yet not bloody hot.

I was thinking about a story my mom told me when I was a little girl. It was important to who I would be..

*1856*

"Stefan, stop chasing me!" I laughed as we ran around our maze of a garden. My dress flopped up and down at every step. I suddenly stopped to take a breath. I stood up on my toes to see over the huge bushes.

"Gotcha!"

I screamed. "Stefan!"

Suddenly my big brother, Damon walked over and scooped us up. "Mom says she needs you, Ciara. Stefan, we'll help dad work." He let us down and I ran inside with my mom. She was sitting on the couch, waiting for me, while reading a boring book I've never heard of.

"Mommy!" I said. I ran over and she picked me up. She took me up the long row of stairs into my room.

"We need to talk, Ciara." She said. My mom sat me down on my bed and started to tell me a story. I loved stories when I was a kid, and I still kind of do.

"I'm going to tell you a story." She said. I smiled, I do love stories.

"Once upon a time, there was a little girl - about your age - and she was the only girl in her family. Her mom was dead, and she was left with her two brothers and her dad. Her brothers loved her and cared for her.

When she was a baby, she was cursed by a car witch. The curse was that she had to marry a boy with the last name of Mikaelson with the first letter of J, to break a special curse. When she was finally a women, she met the boy she had to marry. They fell in love and ended up happily ever after."

I looked into her eyes. "Mommy, do you think that I will have a happy ending like that girl?"

She kissed my forehead. "Absolutely."

***

That was the last thing I heard from my mom. And when she said absolutely, she meant it. That little girl was me.. I had to be with James. But how was it a curse? James seemed nice enough.

"Hello." I looked to my side and saw Kai. "You told me about that whole thing with your mom and the curse."

"Yeah.. I was just thinking about it."

"If you know how to break the curse why are you with Kol?" He asked. I took a sip of my beer. Why was I with Kol if I had to be with James?

"I don't know.. he just makes me feel-"

"Ciara!" I turned around and saw Kol. I ran towards him. I missed him. But I couldn't be with him. Kai started to walk towards me, but Kol stepped in front of me.

"Kol, it's fine." I said. He sighed as moved out of the way. Kai walked towards me and whispered four words in my ear, "Remember what I said."

I shivered at his voice, going through my head as we drove back home.