Chapter 28 - Elijah Mikaelson

I heard a light knock on the door downstairs. I walked down and opened it to see half of the Mikaelsons at my doorstep. Elijah, Klaus, and James. At the moment I was furious at James for using me to hatch a stupid plan that obviously wouldn't get past me.

"Hello, Ciara." Elijah said politely. I laughed.

"Like I would let you in?" I said as I started to shut the door. Sadly, Elijah had stuck in hand out to keep the door from closing.

"Ciara," Elijah said as walked past me with James and Klaus following. "You have any idea WHY we gave you the cure?" He turned around and faced me.

"Yes, yes, so you can kill Alexia, I got that." I said giving him an eye roll.

"WRONG. We gave it to you so Tatia wouldn't be able to take your vampirism if you don't end up marrying me." Elijah said, taking a seat in a chair close to the couch. I followed him and gave him a sympathetic look.

"Elijah, I was cursed to do this, and I at some time I'd probably fall in love with you, I mean, who wouldn't?" I said. I looked over at James who didn't make eye contact with me. I was guessing he knew I was upset with him, but not as much anymore.

"Ciara, I want the truth, and complete truth. If we got married, their would be truth to your love, correct?"

"Probably." I said. I looked over to Klaus who had a smirk on his face. I smiled back at him.

I looked at my phone as it suddenly beeped.

Elena: hey, meet me at my house later.

Me: ok, be there later.

"I must get going. And I must say, what a lovely talk this was, but looks like you have to go." They all got up and walked out.. except Klaus.

He came up to me. "I must tell you I fancy you a little."

"Don't you like Caroline?" I asked, confused.

"She's with Tyler. Probably won't be coming to me anytime soon." He said before he left.

I went to the Gilbert house - this is actually my first time I came to her house, because we always hang out at my house. I knocked on the door, and a boy with brown hair and boys eyes walked out and answered.

"Hey, is Elena here?" I asked. A second later I saw Elena at the top of the stairwell. The boy politely let me in and I headed up the stairs.

"That's Jeremy, my brother."

"So, what's up?" I asked as we entered Elena's room. On her bed sat Caroline and Bonnie.

"Sleepover of course!" Caroline squealed. I ran over and jumped onto the bed in between Caroline and Bonnie.

***

"So, let's talk about boys." Caroline said as she took a piece of popcorn out of the white bowl.

"Yeah! Ciara, spill. Who do you like?" Bonnie asked with a smile. An embarrassed look came across my face as my face turned bright red.

"Well, I kind of like Elijah.."

"Holy shit!" Elena screamed, nearly breaking the bowl full of popcorn.

"Mikaelson?" Caroline said excitedly. I nodded, my face was probably still red.

"We need to set you two up asap!" Elena said. She grabbed her phone from her night stand and called someone, who I was guessing was Elijah.

"Hey, 'Lijah!" Elena said with a giggle.

"What is it, Elena?" I heard him speak through the phone.

"I need you to come over! We need to talk. LIFE OR DEATH ELIJAH, LIFE OR DEATH." Elena said before hanging up. She didn't seem that convincing, but a few minutes later we heard a knock on the door. I stood as still as possible as Elena answered the door.

"What was such an emergency?" He asked he stood at the door, for he hadn't been invited in.

"Do you think Ciara's hot?" Elena said, trying I hold back a smile.

"Yes, she is very, very pretty." Elijah said. I nearly squealed as those words escaped his lips. But I kept quiet.

"You two should get together." She said.

"Yes, we should get together."

"SHE'S HERE RIGHT NOW!" Elena yelled, cuing me to come down. I walked down the stairs and smiled at Elijah, who smiled back.

"You look gorgeous, Ciara." He said with his eyes glued on me.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I said with a smirk.

He stepped back - because he couldn't enter - and took his hand out, signaling me to take it.

We walked down the road, and talk talk talked. Our conversations got pretty deep if I do say so myself.

"So, what'd Alexia do, exactly?" I asked randomly. Elijah sighed, it was obviously not a topic he wanted to talk about at the moment.

"She killed my sister." He said, looking down at the sidewalk.

"Oh my gosh, I-I'm sorry." I said.

"You're not Alexia, no need to be sorry. Ever." He said as he wrapped his arm around me and soon enough we were in a hug.

***

"This was fun." I said as I walked up Elena's porch.

"I do agree, we should do this again." I smiled and nodded and walked back into Elena's house. I walked upstairs and saw Caroline and Elena.

"Where's Bonnie?" I asked.

"She had to leave." Elena said, making a frown.

I remembered that I hadn't told them that I was a human. I need to tell them, now.

"Guys," I started. They both turned to look at me. "I-I'm human."

Caroline and Elena gasped. "No!" They exclaimed.

"I'm surprised after 162 years!" Elena said.

"I didn't purposely become human. The Mikaelsons did."

"Elijah?" Caroline asked. I shook my head, No, not Elijah.

***

Being a human was terrible. Too much emotion, no compelling, you don't heal, it sucks. I can't get used to this lifestyle.

Being the clumsy person I was, I nearly cut off all my fingers when I was simply making a sandwich. Luckily, Elena just made me a sandwich since she had this human thing down, I did NOT.

Guess I'd have to get used to it if it was going to be like this for a while.