Chapter 8 - Letting Go

"Kol.." I said as we road in the car back to the house. I jumped every time we stopped at a stop sign, considering Kol and James have the same terrible driving skills. Actually, I wouldn't mark that as a skill.

"Hmm?" He asked, his eyes focused on the road. No, I couldn't break his heart. I'll wait a little longer. I sighed.

"Never mind." I said.

"No, Ciara, tell me." He said.

"It's nothing, Kol." I snapped.

For the rest of the time we were quiet. Suddenly, we passed his house, which I thought we'd be arriving at.

"Kol, where are we going?" I asked, looking back at the house.

"Maybe we can hang out tomorrow. I'm just really tired." He said. Kol stopped in front of the Salvatore boarding house. I didn't want to go back yet. I didn't wanna see Stefan or Damon or even Katherine. I sighed and nodded. I walked up to the door and silently knocked.

"Ah, so the princess finally decides to return." Damon said as he opened one of the two large doors.

"It's not my fault I was with Kol then kidnapped." I muttered under my breath. I hung my purse on the rack next to the door and started walking up the stairs.

"Might not wanna go up there." He said.

"Why?" I asked as I stopped in the middle of the stairs.

"Stefan and Elena.. gross stuff." Damon said sarcastically with a smirk.

"Where's Katherine?" I asked, walking back down the stairs.

"I dunno. Try calling her." He said as he sat on the couch and took a book from the little table right beside it. I pulled out my phone and looked for Katherine contact.

"Hey, Katherine!" I said as she answered.

"Hey, Ciara! Where've you been for the past 3 days?" She asked.

"Maybe I can talk to you about it over lunch tomorrow?"

"Yeah!"

"Okay, until then."

I hung up with Katherine and sat down next to Damon. I was so tired.

"I'm going to bed." I said as I walked over to the stairs.

"It's 3:00 in the afternoon."

"So?" I walked up the rest of stairs and collapsed on my bed.

***

*1990*

"3, 2, 1, go!" I said as we both chugged our drinks as fast as we can. "Sarah, I think you won that round."

It was so loud I could barely hear her. It was midnight and almost half of New York City was at this bar, currently.

"Hey, can I buy you two a drink?" A boy came up and asked. He had brown hair and green eyes.

"Sure." Sarah yelled. I nodded in agreement.

"3 beers." He asked the bartender. He looked over to Sarah and winked.

"So, what's your name?" Sarah asked as he handed her a beer.

"I'm Kai."

"I'm Sarah, and that's Ciara." Sarah said. I took a long sip.

"Well, nice to meet you. Hope to see you again sometime." Kai said. He looked over and winked at me. Sarah noticed and ran over to Kai, who was currently leaving. But she never came back.

Later that night, I was walking home. I suddenly tripped and looked down.

"Oh my gosh." I whispered. Sarah dead corpse was right in front of me. I ran home, scared to death.

Unknown number: hey, beautiful

Me: who is this?

Unknown number: the person who killed your friend

Me: kai.

***

AN: IM SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT BUT I HOPE YOU LIKE THE BOOK SO FAR<33