Chapter 10 - James the Asshole

"So, what kind of movie do you wanna see?" He asked as we waited in the long line for tickets.

"Something scary. So if I get scared you can hug me." I said with a giggle.
He smiled and looked at me. Kol's smile was too adorable, and I loved it.

"But what if I get scared?" He asked, sarcastically. He made that cute smile again.

"Go get your Mommy to hug you." I said. He shook at the thought of his mom. None of his siblings liked their mom, Ester. Or their father, but that doesn't matter.

We were finally at the start of the line, and I was so relieved. It seemed as if we were in that lines for years when we actually in it for 5 minutes.

"Two tickets for..." Kol started. Ignoring his voice, I looked at the door. Shit. I saw the last person I wanted to see walking through the double glass doors.

"Kol, hurry." I said as I saw the figure walk to the line to get tickets.

"Hold on." He said, slowly taking a twenty dollar bill out of his wallet. How much slower could he go?!

"No, Kol, it's James we have to go! He can't see us!" I whisper yelled. He grabbed the tickets as fast as he could. We quickly walked over to the counter and gave the man our tickets. The man slowly took our tickets and pointed us to the hall. Why is everyone being so slow today, this is an emergency!

We walked over to the theater and were early, which was worse. We walked up to the very top and sat down. We tried to hide when we saw the James walk into the theatre. Suddenly, he sat next to us.

"Oh, hey, Hayley. Is this your friend?" James asked. Shit. He was going to kill us.

"I'm gonna go." Kol said, walking out of the theater.

"Why were you with him?" James asked when he knew Kol was gone.

"Chill, James, we're just friends." I snapped.

"Fine. I trust you."

I got up and walked out. James was such a douche. Was he stalking us? But that was super awkward, especially since he made my 'date' leave.

"Wait, Kol." I said, running towards him.

"Ciara.. I don't think we should be together."

"No, Kol." I said, sympathetically. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he slapped it away. What was his problem?

"Yes, Ciara." He said, trying to walk ahead of me.

"So, wait, are you breaking up with me?" I asked. I didn't want to loose Kol.

"Who said we were ever dating in the first place?" He said, turning around and shrugging. He turned back around.

Damn you curse. Now I had no one, because I didn't want to be with James. I wanted to be with Kol. I texted someone I'd never think I'd text again.

Me: hey, can we meet and the bar and drown our sorrows in bourbon?

Kai: I thought you'd never ask.