Chapter 24 - Caught Red-Handed

Kol and I were dating again, which was perfect.

Kol: hey babe;) wanna meet me @ the smoothie place u rlly like?

Me: haha sure, Kol. I have to go to school though. after. So 4?

Kol: kk 4 it is:)

Kol was literally the cutest to text. I even met all of Stefan's friends and started going to high school, because I've never been.

***

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. It was like a person who would not SHUT UP. I finally listened to it and hopped out of bed. Why did you have to get up at 7 am for school?

I walked over to my closet and picked out a tear tshirt and of course, jeans. I slipped them on and headed downstairs into the kitchen to see Stefan and Elena already eating.

"Hey, Elena." I said as I passed her and took an apple out of the white bowl by the stove.

"Hey, Ciara!" She said all cheery. It was obvious she was human.

Damon walked in and winked at Elena who just rolled her eyes. I sat down by Stefan and Damon came over and bear hugged us.. It must've been very awkward for Elena who was just kind of... there.

"well, we better get going." I said as I took the last bite of my apple before throwing the core away. I gave Damon and half hug and a pat on the back and walked over to Stefan's NEW car he bought. It was a red Porsche, but I had to sit in the back, which I did not enjoy. Every few seconds Elena would ask if it was too crowded back there.

"Yes, it is very cramped." I said clinching my teeth. She pissed me off A LOT.

As we parked, I almost rolled out of the car before we stopped. Elena quickly got out and pulled down the seat for me to get out.

"Thank you." I said, still clinching my teeth. I turned and saw Bonnie and Caroline waiting for us.

"Caroline!" I said, giving her a big hug. The year was halfway over, which was awesome.

"You two better be entering Miss Mystic Falls, or I'll kill both of you." Caroline said to me as Elena. We quickly nodded our heads, Caroline was dead serious. I had already entered my application, so I didn't have to worry. For once, I felt like an actual teenager.

The bell rang and I quickly rushed into my math class. It had been about 15 minutes until we heard a knock on the door... It was Elijah.

"I'm here to get Ciara." I looked up at Elijah, who was wearing a suit as usual.

I got out of my seat to leave and on my way there I was getting questions like: Is that your dad? No. Is that your boyfriend? No. Is that your uncle? No.

"What is it Elijah?" I asked, pulling my backpack out of my tiny locker.

"We think we found the witch who cursed you." He said. I slammed my locker as he uttered those words. The witch? How!

"What are we waiting for!" I said, jumping ahead of Elijah who was walking slower than an elephant. We went out in got in his Mercades, black (which kind of reminded me of Karson), an drove off.

We got in his driveway and I ran inside, again, without knocking like the impolite pig I am. I rushed into the reading room and saw Klaus next to a girl who was currently tied up.

"This is her?" I asked. The girl like about my age.. How could she have put the spell on me if she's so young.

"Yes, Macy Meggine." Klaus said, trying to figure out what my reaction was. My reaction was confusion mixed with sadness, considering I thought this would be way more interesting.

Klaus ripped the tape of the girls mouth, making her rub the red parts of skin around her lips.

"Are you the witch that compelled Ciara Salvatore?" Klaus compelled. The witch nodded. "See?"

I moved closer to the girl, and I but her neck. I started to cough and choke. She had vervain.

"She's lying she's on vervain." I said after I went to the kitchen to get water.

"Goddamnit!" Klaus yelled, slamming his fist against the little desk. I could feel the whole house shake.

Klaus untied the girl and sent her out of the house. If she was on vervain than why did she admit to it? Maybe she was compelled to before she was on vervain? But who cares, she was already gone.

"It's okay, I'll help find the witch." I said. He looked up and my face and nodded. I told him I needed to go back to school and that I'd text him later if I figured out anything.

***

When I got back at school, a random girl - Ashley I think - came up to me. "Your dad is so hot." She said. FOR THE LAST TIME, ELIJAH ISN'T MY DAD, DUMBASS.

"He's not my dad.." Is all I said before walking away to find Stefan. I saw him over with his little posse, which consisted of Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, and Matt. And of course me, now.

"Hey Ciara!" They all said in harmony together.

"I feel like we're really close to finding the witch who put the curse on me." I whispered to Stefan. He smiled and nodded and said he was happy for me.

***

School was over and I walked straight to the grill. I saw Kol already sitting with someone else. She had curly hair and looked.. exactly like Elena. It wasn't Katherine nor Elena, but then who was it? I used my vampire hearing to listen and headed their conversation.

"Kol, you're so funny! I love you." The girl said, leaving a kiss on his cheek. I was so angry, my face turned bright red. I walked out and I could tell Kol could hear.

He turned around and ran over to me and placed his hands on my shoulder. I quickly slapped them away and kept walking.

"Ciara, it's not what you think.!" I heard him say as I moved farther away from the grill.

I feel so stupid for trusting him again. Did he purposely set this up? I looked at my phone and noticed the time. 3:47. I told him that I'd be coming at 4, so he thought that he'd go on a secret date with someone? Pure shit.

I ran back to the boarding house with my mascara spread all down my face from my tears. I didn't even bother to knock, I just walked in.

"Ciara, what's wrong!" Stefan said as he walked over and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around him and never wanted to let go.

"K-Kol." I said.

"Never trust a Mikaelson, Ciara." Stefan said, pulling me back so I was looking him in the eyes. I nodded and hugged him one last time.

I walked back upstairs and laid on my bed. I pulled my phone out and started playing random stuff.

***

I looked at my clock. 11:30. I have school tomorrow, great. I walked over to my phone and noticed a text.

Kol: hey, Ciara, I'm really sorry. Can we talk tomorrow?

Kol: please reply i need to explain in person.

Kol: answer ciara! I need to know that you'll talk to me!

I didn't answer. I didn't want to talk to him again. He was probably gonna give me some made up stupid excuse, anyways.