Chapter 2 - Family Reunion

It was finally the next morning and I woke up bright and early. But obviously I couldn't see the light since Katherine got cranky if I left the curtain open. As quietly as I could, I walked over to a little table by the closet and made some coffee. I looked over to Katherine's side of the room. No one was there with her. She's very sneaky. But I'll figure out who she was with. Katherine sat up and moaned. She obviously was too tired and I was making too much noise.

I walked over to her, with the coffee in my hand, and sat down on her bed. I little drip spilled out of the cup as I sat down.

"So, Katherine, who were you with last night?" I asked, very concerned. She sighed, knowing she can't lie to me and said: "Christopher."

"Who the hell is Christopher?" I asked.

"My friend." She snapped. I handed her my cup of coffee to cool her down - not literally considering coffee is a hot substance. She stared at me as she took a long sip.

"You're 'friend.'" I said, with a laugh. She almost threw my coffee back at me.

"So, what about your friend." She asked. "James, was it?"

I blushed. I had forgot about him. It was a small town, so maybe I'd see him again. Hopefully.

I changed into jeans and a white shirt and started to head out, before Katherine yelled at me. She changed into a black shirt, black jeans, and a leather jacket.

"No, Ciara!" She yelled. "You can't go yet. Wait for me." I sighed as she went into the restroom and started straightening her hair.

"Hurry uppp." I complained as she finished her last piece of hair. "Finally!"

We walked outside the hotel and looked around. No Stefan or Damon, as usual. We walked down a few blocks and headed to the mall. There was literally nothing to do and I have 'no good clothes' according to Katherine.

"Hayley?" I heard a voice say. I turned around and saw James. I told Katherine I'd be right back and she sighed. I walked over to him. He was really cute.

"This is gonna take forever." She said under her breath.

"Hey, James." I said with a smile.

"Hey," he said, "who's your friend?" James said, pointing over to Katherine.

"Oh, she's-"

"A family friend." Katherine interrupted. "Now let's go." She grabbed my arm and dragged me away.

"Here's my number." I said as I fell to the ground from Katherine's crazy vampire strength. He took the note as I was dragged away. I looked back at him and he smiled, looking at the number.

"Okay, okay, Katherine. You can let go." I said, brushing off all the dirt from the gross floor that people walk all over with their gross stuff.

"You like him, don't you." Katherine said with a smirk. My face turned bright red. Did I like James? No, I can't. He's just a friend and we just met.

"No, I don't." I said. Katherine gave me a stare.

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure." I snapped. I yelled so loud that a lot of people turned around to look at me. I smiled nervouslly, with my red face.

"Loser." Katherine said as she started walking. Ignoring her, I followed.

We walked into a shoe store and Katherine ran inside. I sat down on the couch with.. oh, shit. Stefan.

I turned around to look at Katherine, who was holding a pair of shiny black heels and paying absolutely not attention to the situation I was in. I got up and suddenly ran into a girl that looked just like Katherine. Doppelgänger, great. Note my sarcasm.

"Oops!" She said. "I'm sorry."

I faked smiled. "It's fine."

"You look familiar.."

Let me guess.. like Stefan? I know, he's my twin obviously we look alike!

"Oh.. really?" I said, trying to not be obvious that the person sitting right behind me on his phone was my twin.

"OMG! You look like Stefan! My boyfriend!" She said. The girl started pointing and trying to pull me over to Stefan. But I did NOT want to see Stefan. Not yet, at least.

Ignoring her, I walked over to Katherine, and whispered, "We have to go. Now."

She turned around and faced me, saw Stefan, then saw the girl run torwards me. "Good idea." She said. Katherine dropped the pair of shoes she was holding and we used our super speed to ecaspe. That was a close one.

"Ciara." I voice said behind me.

Great, it was Stefan.

"That's not my name, Stefan, It's Hayley." I snapped. "and what do you want?"

"Why are you here, Hayley?" He asked.

"Let's get going. Bye Stefan." Katherine said, pushing me then giving Stefan a flirty wave.

We were going again, but way far on the other side of the mall, he couldn't find us.

"Oh, shit." I said, looking forward. Damon was coming our way. Is there no way to escape the Salvatore's? He must've heard us, because a second later he was standing right in front of us, while Stefan was standing behind. On the side locking us inside of the wall was the crazy girl that looks like Katherine.

"Damon, Stefan. How are you?" I asked with a smile.

"Quit the shit act, Ciara. Why are you back in Mystic Falls?" Damon said.

I frowned. "You don't want to see your little sister?" I asked Damon, making a pouty face. "and as I told Stefan, it's Hayley, not Ciara."

"No. I don't. And you were supposed to burn in the church like Bitch No. 1." He said, rolling his eyes and pointing at Katherine.

"Stefan who's your girlfriend?" Katherine asked, being completely off topic. I looked at her. She was wearing the ugliest pink sweater and jeans that were at least 2 inches away from her anckle.

"Elena." Stefan said, proudly. But honestly, who would be proud to date a girl who wears fashion like that? And, plus, he's only dating her because she looks like Katherine, I bet.

"Pfft. She looks just like Katherine." I said.

"I love her for her personalitly not her looks." Stefan said. I rolled my eyes. Sure I thought to myself.

Suddenly, Stefan and Damon fell back and Elena ran over to Stefan. Behind them was..

James.

***

Please like and comment! Hope you like Ch. 2:)

~elenasxlvatore