Chapter 5 - Date No. 2

Beep Beep Beep

"Ughh." I said as I rolled to my side. Suddenly, POW! I had fallen on the floor. Ouch. It actually really hurt. At least now I had my own room. If Katherine was here, she would probably be laughing her ass off. I mean, it was pretty funny.

I took a look at my phone. A few text messages from my friends and a couple from James.

James: I'll come to get you at 10:00 and we can eat lunch?

Me: yuppp! Sounds cool.

I looked at my clock. Shit. It was 9:47 and I need to shower and straighten my hair. I walked into the bathroom. I took a look around and suddenly saw a picture. I picked up the frame. It was a picture of my brothers from 1864. The good old days. I moved my head to the side and saw a picture of Stefan and I.

"Nothing like the nostalgia of seeing familiar old faces. Isn't that right, Ciara?" I heard a voice say. I quickly turned around and placed the picture down. It was Kol.

"I'm sorry, but do we know eachother?" I asked.

"Only if you mean in the biblicol sense." He said as he came closer to me. "Oh, wait, I forgot. You're supposed to be "Hayley" now. Of course a rose by any other name would still bear thorns."

"What do you want, Kol?" I sighed.

"Ah, so she does remember," He says smirking.

"I never forgot," I snapped, "but I'm not going to repeat myself, Mikaelson."

Kol casually leaned back onto the giant pole on my bed. "I just want to know.. why would you risk coming back home to see your brothers when you went through all the trouble to persuade me to wipe all their memories of you. Yet their love for you is so powerful, that they remember you."

"Well, that's for me to know, and for you to.. dot dot dot."

"You're pretty good if I do say so myself. You tried to convince me you were a different person, Ciara. But I know way too much about you to not recongnize you in a second, Hayley.." And he was gone.

Why was Kol here, and what did he want? My relationship with Kol was complicated.. for certain reasons.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I quickly slipped on my blue flower printed dress and went downstairs.

"Hey." I said as I opened the door to see James.

"Hey," James said, "you ready?"

I nodded my head with a smile.

We went out to his old blue truck. He opened the door for me, as usual. I must've looked very funny when I jumped again when the engine started, because James started laughing.

We drove down to a pizza place near the main part of Mystic Falls. "Mystic Falls Pizzeria." What an original name.

"Wow," I started, "Mystic Falls sure has changed."

"Since when?" James asked.

"Since 1864. I haven't returned since." I said,

"Oh. Cool."

He stopped the car and we hopped out. I was really craving a cheese pizza right now. We got in the short line, and a minute later we were ordering.

"Just two cheese pizzas." James said. After we paid, he went outside for a second, saying he needed fresh air.

"Hello, Ciara." I turned around. Why does Kol always show up at the worst times?

"Kol, you can't just appear while I'm not with James. And for the last time: I'm over you." I said.

"Oh, darling, nobody gets over me. You may say you are, but I know the truth. Your trying to hide your emotion from me. It's not going to work Miss Salvatore. Not on me." He said.

Suddenly, James came back in and Kol was gone in a blink of an eye.

"Order for James?" The server said. James walked over and took the pizza trays.

"Thank you." I said as he sat two plates down on the little table of the two-seat booth.

"You're welcome." He said. James got up and walked over to get napkins and forks, just in case.

I took a bit out of a slice. 'Delicious!' I thought. I haven't had pizza in years. It was scorching. I took a long sip of my water, trying to make the burning on my tongue go away.

"So," James started, "who were you talking to while I was outside?"

Shit. "Nobody." I lied.

"Don't lie to me, Hayley."

I sighed. "It was my friend Anna." More lies.

"Oh, okay."

We ate quietly for the rest of the time. I couldn't stop thinking about Kol. Was I really trying to hide my emotion? No. I like James and that's final. Nobody else. How did James even know that I was talking to someone? Was he listening to my conversations?

"Let's go to to the mall next. I need to pick up some makeup."

"Okay." He said, with pizza still in his mouth.

We got up and threw out trash away. I went to the restroom to wash my hands. I couldn't get the thought Kol planted in my head. The 70's? Was it real?