Chapter 26 - Surprising

I looked at my clock and noticed I had slept in way too late. That means no school.

I looked at my phone.

James: what are we, Ciara?

Me: you know exactly what we are:)

I got up and took a long shower since I didn't have the pressure of a quick shower.

I dried my hair and changed into a flowy white shirt and jean shorts and headed to the Mikaelson house.

I knocked on the doors and James answered with a smile. He took my hand and led me inside. When we almost reached the stairs..

"Ah, Ciara Salvatore," I heard Kol's British accent call out. I clenched my teeth and looked over at that douchebag of an ex boyfriend.

"Kol, burn in hell." I said before headed upstairs to James' room without another word.

"I can't exactly do that!" Kol yelled back.

I sat on James' bed and read my text messages while I waited for him.

Katherine: you never told me you were swerving lanes with the Mikaelsons

Me: I realized how much of an ass Kol is.

Katherine: so who now? James or Elijah? We both know Klaus is out of the question, right?

Me: James. And of course not Klaus.

James walked and shut the door. He walked over and sat next to me on the bed. James placed his chin and my shoulder and started to kiss my neck. I turned and faced him and kissed him on the lips. I pushed him back on the bed and placed my hands at the end of his tshirt and pulled it up. James used his vampire speed and was on top of me. He pulled my shirt over my head and left a trail of kisses from the end of my chin to my chest.

"Oops! Sorry to intrude." I heard Kol say at the doorway. James and I gave him embarrassed faces, especially since we hadn't locked the door.

I awkwardly placed my shirt back on, Kol awkwardly standing there with his smirk. James did bother putting his shirt back on. I walked out and stared back at James and smiled. Well, until Kol walked in between us.

"See you tomorrow, Ciara!" Kol said sarcastically with a wave. Ignoring him I walked to the grill.

As I entered I saw Alexia sitting at the bar. I walked over and sat next to her.

"Hey," I said. Alexia drank the rest of her drink and turned to look at me.

"Hi."

"Do you know Tatia?" I suddenly asked. Alexia froze at the sound of her name.

"Yes, I believe I know her vaguely." Alexia said, "she REALLY liked your boyfriend 1000 years ago."

"EX boyfriend, and she still does like him." I said with a sigh. I asked the bartender for a drink and he nodded.

"Can I tell you something?" Alexia asked. I nodded. "The Mikaelsons are going to give you the cure for vampirism. And kill you. And that'll kill me, because I lives are connected by magic."

What? They're going to kill me.. But what about the curse?

Alexia turned and faced the door. "Uh, I must get going." I saw her pass the one and only, Tatia.

"Hello, Ciara." Tatia said, taking a seat next to me.

I growled. "You get Kol, because he's an ass now."

"Oh, I've always got Kol."

I suddenly heard the door open to see Kol with a smirk on his tan face. He walked over to Tatia and I, and took a seat beside me.

"Ciara, surprised you're here and not fucking your boyfriend."

An embarrassed look spread across my face. Honestly, I would rather be with James. I got up and left, not saying a word.

***

Caroline: get @ school rn!! we're getting ready for the decade dance!!

Me: k, Ill b there soon.

I walked to the school and noticed a couple of things. A parking lot full of cars and posters reading '50s Decade Dance.'

Caroline ran over to me. "Okay, great, you're here. Go inside and help Elena and Stefan decorate the dance floor!" Caroline said with her beautiful smile. I smiled back and walked inside.

I saw Elena and Stefan laughing and throwing balloons at each other. They were pretty cute.

I heard a knock on the door behind me, and saw James. I ran over and jumped as I hugged him.

"James!" I squealed, making Elena and Stefan give me odd looks. I hadn't told them about James yet.

"Hey, I'm here to help decorate. I became good friends with Caroline, because of Klaus." James said.

This was absolutely perfect. I got to play and hangout with my boyfriend, I think at least, my brother, and one of my best friends.

***

Stefan and I went home and passed out on the couch.

"Ciara," Stefan started, "when were you going to tell me about James?"

I sighed. "I was going to tell you, but you've been with Elena for a while so I haven't seen you that often."

Before Stefan could say another word, the doorbell rang. I quickly stood up and walked over. I opened the door to see a girl with curly brown hair and chocolate brown eyes standing in front of me.

"Hey," I started, "can I help you?"

"Actually, I'm here to help you." She said with a smile. The girl looked familiar, but I didn't know how. She placed in my hand a nice piece of paper tied up with a red ribbon.

"What's this?" I asked, grasping the piece of paper.

"It's a note from my brother. He wanted to give it to you but then.." The girl stopped speaking.

"Who was your brother?"

"Karson."

"Oh my god.. Tessa." I said.

In a blink of an eye, she was gone.

But Karson, he said he killed her? Why would he lie about killing someone?

***

Later that night I unwrapped the ribbon from the note.

Dear Ciara,

I really, really like you. And I'm sorry about when Kol broke up with you at the movie theatre, but that was actually me. Sorry I'm not the exact guy you wanted and that I lied, but I need to keep you safe. You cannot be with a Mikaelson. They have a secret that I can't tell you about, but it's not a good one. Ciara, I don't know when my time will end but I love you until the end of time, and I will watch you on the other side. You can't be with James, Kol, or even Elijah. Yes, I knew about the curse and I'm sorry that I hadn't told you. You probably will throw this away after you've read it, but I just wanted you to know I wanted to keep you safe. No, I am not a psychopath.

I love you, and goodbye Ciara.

~Karson