Chapter 4 - Mikaelson Dinner

I sat on the big bed next to Damon, who was reading a newspaper. I suddenly got a text.

James: hey you wanna come over? I'll explain everything.

Me: yeah, sure. I'll be there in a few:)

"Guess I'm going to James'." I said to Damon. He looked up from his newspaper and hopped off the bed. He was the only one with a car.

We went downstairs, and saw something.. disturbing. Katherine was kissing a boy I was guessing was Christopher. He had brown hair and brown eyes. I guess he was pretty cute if I do say so myself.

"I'm going out, Katherine." I said, not trying to interrupt. She stuck out her hand and gave me a thumbs up. I nodded and went outside and got into the front seat of Damon's car.

I looked at the sky, which was a gorgeous shade of blue. No clouds to be seen, just a perfect day in Mystic Falls.

Damon started driving, but was driving way over to speed limit I'm surprised that we didn't get a ticket. But even if we did get a ticket everyone knows Damon would just compel the cop to ignore it. Like he always does.

"Here we are." Damon said as he arrived at the giant house that looked like a palace. I looked at him then picked up my purse and walked to the door. I took a minute before knocking on the door.

Suddenly, a very attractive boy - he looked about my age, 16 - with messy brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was wearing a hunter green long sleeve shirt. He was familiar in a way..

"Hey, I'm here to see James." I said, trying to ignore his hotness.

"Okay, come with me." I slowly walked in, and I came in with no problem, which meant vampires? He kept staring at me, which I didn't actually mind considering he was some what attractive, while I was the opposite. Not so much.

We started to walk up a long trail of stairs. It felt like it took five minutes to climb up about 50 stair steps.

"So, what's your name?" I asked.

"Kol." He said, with his adorable British accent. Shit.

"I'm Hayley." I said. I couldn't help myself from staring at him. We had talked about random stuff for a few minutes, but then I saw that we were in front of James' room.

"Thank you." I said with a smile.

"No problem." He said. He knocked a little on the door. "Your friend's here."

The door opened and James stood in front of it. In my opinion, he looked more like Klaus with his blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. If Klaus is his uncle, and Kol is obviously too young to have a kid, who's his dad?

"Hey, we're eating dinner. I can introduce you to my family. Except for my uncle. He's.. not with us." James said.

"Oh, really? What's his name?" I asked.

"Finn."

"So what will we be having for dinner?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Food." Kol said. I turned around and laughed at his cheesy excuse that wasn't even funny.. "But really I have no idea."

Suddenly, James took my hand. His "Dinner's ready." He said. I smiled. We walked down the stairs, with Kol behind us.

"Oh my gosh, James, who's this?" A blonde girl asked as we reached the end of the stairs.

"Hayley, this is Rebekah. My aunt." James said. So that wasn't his mom, and Kol wasn't his dad, Finn wasn't his dad, and Klaus wasn't either. Who else was there?