Chapter 3 - No Normal Vampire

"James?" I asked, confused. I stared at the two bodies - my brothers to be exact - on the ground. He grabbed our hands and we ran all the way across the mall, with the help of our vampire super speed, of course.

"I'll tell you in the car." He said. Car? We were going in his car.

With the help of our super speed, we rushed all the way across the garage to James' junky truck. I sat in the front with James while Katherine sat in the back.

"What's going on, James?" I asked as he made brisk turns to get out of the garage. I held on for my dear life, because James was a terrible driver.

"I can't tell you yet."

Why do people always do that? He's going to have to tell me eventually. Or I'll find out sometime. He faced Katherine, and said, "You'll forget about everything that happened today." Katherine nodded. What the hell? He faced me and said the same. And I forgot.

"Okay, I'll take you two home." He said with a smile like nothing happened.

"Okay. We live in the hotel on the main street." I said. James nodded and starting driving. I turned and faced Katherine who was sitting quietly in the back.

As James parked in front of our hotel, we got out and walked up to our room. We both collapsed onto our bed. I was so tired. It seemed like we had been at the mall for a few minutes. Suddenly, there was a knock at our door. Katherine moaned.

"I'll get it." I said. I got up and walked over to the door. It was Stefan.

"What is it?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

"What the hell did your friend do to us? I'm starting to feed on humans again. And that can't happen." He said.

"Stefan! Why are you here?" I started, surprised. "Wait, what? James? He didn't do anything. He just drove up home from the mall." Stefan looked at Katherine who nodded in agreement.

"You can't be serious? Wait.. he compelled you?"

"I have no idea.." I shrugged. "We need to figure this out now." I said. I took my coat out from my closet and walked into the bathroom to see if my hair hadn't got messed up. I brushed it out a little with the comb on the counter.

"Where are you going?" Katherine asked, sitting up from the bed.

"To talk to James." I said.

Katherine immediately used her vampire super speed and was right in between us. Stefan sighed. "Let's go."

We got out and walked over to Damon's old, blue convertible. Katherine and I sat in the back, while Stefan sat in the front by our brother.

I texted James to meet me at the Mystic Grill. We drove down and parked. I walked in, Stefan and Damon behind me, and we looked for James. Katherine suddenly gasped.

"Run, run." She whispered. I looked forward. There was James, but he wasn't alone. He was with a man. A boy with blonde hair and blue eyes was next to him.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Klaus." Stefan said.

I told them to stay outside while I walked over to James and smiled.

"Hey." I said, with a smile. I looked at 'Klaus.'

"Hey. This is my uncle. I hope you don't mind him being here." James said.

"Nope, I don't mind at all." I said, smiling at his uncle.

"I'm Klaus, nice to meet you." He said as he placed a kiss onto my hand. I faked smiled. He looked nice enough, but by Katherine's reaction I'm thinking not so much.

"Hayley." I said.

We sat down in a booth and ate lunch. I had got a burger with lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes.

"So, how'd you meet my nephew?" Klaus asked as he stabbed his food with his knife.

"Oh, he helped give me directions. To here actually." I said. I looked over at James, who was smiling.

"So, do you have any siblings?" James asked, making conversation.

"Uh, yes." I said awkwardly. Klaus stared at my features, which kind of creeped me out.

"What's the name? Or names? Maybe we know them."

"Oh, I have.. one brother.. Sam." I lied. My face turned bright red as Klaus stared at me for a while.

"You remind me of an old friend I had in the '20s," Klaus started, "Stefan Salvatore. Ever heard of him?"

I smiled. "Yes, I believe I've heard his name a couple times."

I smiled and excused myself to use the restroom. As I walked in a looked in the mirror at my face, which was turning back to its usual tan colour.

I heard the door squeak open, and saw Stefan's doppelgänger girlfriend.

"Hey!" She said all cheery.

"Hi." I said. What was her name? Ellie?

"What's your name again? I'm drawing blanks." I said.

"Elena. I'm a Gilbert." She said, proudly.

I rolled my eyes and brushed out my hand. Elena walked over to the mirror next to me and started putting too much mascara on her eye lashes. I wanted to say something, but she didn't seem to notice.

As I walked back from the restroom, I saw that James had already got the check. I thanked James for the lunch, and walked out and casually got in Damon's car.

"So?" Katherine asked.

"He gave me his address." I said.

"Wait, does that mean-"

"Damon, I know what your thinking, and no."

He laughed.

"So what are we waiting for? Let's go." Stefan said.

"Not now. Later tonight." I said.

"Tonight." Damon sang as he started to turn the car back around to go to the boarding house. He hummed the shitty tune he made up from the one word 'tonight' which really got on my nerves.

"Damon, please do us a favour and hush!" I yelled. We happened to be in a convertible, and I yelled so loud people started staring at me. My face turned red.

"Okay, okay." Damon said with his signature smirk. Katherine laughed.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To your new home, of course."

"Guess we're moving." I said to Katherine. She smirked as we headed to the house.

***

Please please like and comment! I really hope you like this!!<33

~elenasxlvatore