Chapter 1

It has been 20 years since that day that all the guardians of the magical wizarding world fell at the hands of Voldemort. The young y/n grew arrogant and hate-driven for vengeance for her parent's souls and her uncle became her guardian.

Although now she wants to become a guardian to kill Voldemort she doesn't get her wings. Every day she looks at her back hoping her wings will come out but nothing, just soft skin on a bareback.

"Justin, why aren't my wings coming out? I was supposed to get them years ago." y/n calls to her uncle as he is dusting the tall bookcase.

If a guardian doesn't get their wings, they cannot gain their powers of magic. Without the powers nor her wings, the girl cannot get vengeance for her family. Justin's brown-grey wings flap the retired guardian down on the ground to face his niece.

"I have told you before. You are not ready. Time will come when you push past your arrogance and become a true guardian." y/n looks at her uncle pursing her lips and narrowing her eyebrows.

"Arrogance got nothing to do with this. The council just doesn't want guardians to return especially after that lowlife wizard killed everyone. Cowards." crossing her arms and turn her head away.

"Arrogance is everything. You are putting all care into yourself than thinking of others that is causing the council to reject your training to be a guardian.  You must first learn, breathe and live by the guardian code then you may have the chance to get your wings but until then you are not going anywhere." Justin walks off letting the duster magically dust the rest of the bookshelves.

"Seriously, what is the point in that old code? It is nothing of importance, what is it going to do when fighting against an enemy, give the enemy mercy?" The young girl chuckles picturing the enemy pleading and begging on his hands and knees.

"The code is our law, it is the source of our magic and our lives. How do you think guardians became in the first place?" Justin asks the girl walking behind him still mopping in anger.

"I don't know, they used their magic to sprout wings. Or, like those filthy magical mortals, brew a potion and poof! Wings! And keep the side attraction of having magic." y/n waves her hands around in the air gesturing her words.

Justin sighs shaking his head and turns to look down at his niece who will never gain her guardianship nor her wings at this rate she is going at. Her crystal e/c eyes shine under the chandelier light and her h/l h/c hair with some h/c streaks are sharp against the girl's pale skin.

"y/n the code is much more and no, we didn't just sprout wings or brew a potion. How about reading this and learning about the code before you judge it." Justin picks up a purple leather-bound book on the pedestal in front of him that has the picture of his dead mate above.

"Why do I have to read this? Why can't you just tell me?" y/n carries the heavy book in both hands, her shoulders hunched forward at the weight.

"You won't be paying any attention to a word I'll say. Your mind is too wild to focus on something as important as what you have already judged onto." his brown eyes look at the girl glared at him more.

"Fine, I'll read and learn nothing out of it. What about the council, can't you ask them again if I can actually train to be a guardian?" heavy grunts follow as the young girl walks with the heavy book in her hands.

"I'll try." Justin turns away to the balcony where he smells the councilmen are already waiting. The ash scent is strong and forms a kind of cloud since the councilmen are all the same type of guardian, black ash.

Five males, each around the same height and hold a serious expression. Each male in black tight suits can be quite intimidating, including the black thick wings that are five inches over their heads and reach down to their heels.

"Justin, you know the answer already. We cannot put her into training without her wings and we cannot give her wings as she has yet to learn what it is like to be a true guardian." Emilian speaks first, looking at Justin with sadness in his eyes.

"I know. There must be something that can help her learn?" Justin pleads hoping there is something that can help his niece get out of her arrogance.

"There is something." Davan lifts his head up to look out to the dark woods. Davan's gifts are in cursing others and leads the justice system with the ministry of magic.

"Really!? What?" Justin's heart soars in hope.

"A boy of a year old named Harry Potter has just defeated Tom Riddle earlier tonight, his parents are dead sacrificing themselves for the boy. He is going to be known to all mortal wizards and so he might need more protection than just from Dumbledore. We have discussed and agreed y/n will be Harry Potter protector." Eiran says to the far left of the council. Eiran guards the realm of the wizarding world.

"A protector? You sure she can follow through with it?" Justin questions unsure if his niece will agree.

"She will have all powers that a guardian will have including levitating in the air but never actually can land on the ground. That is the fake wings experience we are giving her. If she learns to care for others and protects them honoring the code then she may have a chance to gain her wings and become a guardian." Emilian says with serious dead eyes. His powers involve more on the death side of the wizarding world.

"Better than nothing Justin." Lucian the wisest of them all looks at his friend.
Fought wars, battles and had a fair share of womanizing deadly female creatures in the past.

"I feel there is something more?" Justin feels it is best to know everything.

"If y/n fails in her protection of Harry Potter or doesn't go through with her vows then she will gain a lightning strike on her body. The more she defies the more lightning marks to hurt her and soon might kill her." Adrastas, the torturer and sinful guardian speak out the first time.

'Shit'.

"I will agree for her to take the protection vow. When shall she start protecting the boy?"

"When he turns 11 years old. She will appear a week before to get used to him and him to her." Emilian closes the meeting, each councilman disappearing in a black portal behind them.

*Will y/n be able to succeed or accept the position?

Comment down below and follow.

Thank you and Enjoy=)*