Chapter 20

"Harry, tell me what has happened during the time I was gone?" I ask the boy first letting him ease up.

He starts when Ron and he used the flying car to get to Hogwarts. Then spoke of Lockhart releasing the pixies in the classroom and then the dual and talking to snakes. I perk up at the mention of that.

"A parseltongue. Geez, that is not good." I stroke my chin and my imaginary beard.

"Is it that bad?" Harry asks.

"I have a feeling you being parseltongue is connected to Slytherin but I am unsure where." I think of Tom Riddle.

"Can it be because of Voldemort?" Harry asks and I look at him unsure myself.

"Perhaps but with every best of your ability, don't ever use parseltongue unless you absolutely need to." Harry nods.

"Now, I will not be here for the rest of the year as I have some guardian stuff to do," I inform him of why I haven't been with him during the year.

"You became a guardian...wait, no, you don't have any wings." I smile sadly at the boy.

"No, I am still your protector but some fellow guardians of mine have been cursed and caught into a darkness that I was able to get out. Now, since the new binding I have done with them is strong and new, I must be with them to teach them control," I explain to Harry.

"So, what happens if I desperately need you?" Harry asks and I smile at him.

"Thought you might ask that. Since my pocket watch only tells me when real danger is about to happen in general, I have made this." I take out a gold feather necklace.

"I plucked this out from a guardians wing. This feather will glow gold when you need me." I place it around his neck.

" I place it around his neck

"Thank you." Harry picks the feather and looks at it glitter shine with the fireplace light.

"You shall always be protected, Harry. Even your parents are looking out for you even if you can't see them. We are always with you." I kiss his forehead and nudge him to head to bed.

"Oh and Harry. Bon Appetit." A gold plate with two chicken drumsticks, mashed potatoes, and chopped carrots appears next to Harry to grab and eat.

I sigh and look at the firelight. The boy is growing on me and I fear if worst comes to it, I would lay my life down for him. It is good that the boy has friends, he needs them. 

I on the other hand need to not focus so much on this love stuff at the moment as there are guardians I need to re-train properly.

I fly off into the sky and open a portal to my new home. I make it into my room and sit on the bed. It is the middle of the night and I will wait till the morning for the guardians to be trained.

I trace some swirling patterns of the eternity sign on my silk covers and think of what it would feel like to have wings. Flapping a strong big and wide mass of feathers, flying through the sky through storms, or for a late-night flight would be everything that I have ever dreamed of.

I plop backward on my bed looking up at the ceiling, my h/l h/c hair fanned around me like peacock feathers. Now that I have alone time, I can't help the shuddering breath of sadness thinking about what my life is like right now.

I miss my family and I haven't got any real friends. Hell, I have no friends period. All I have are young guardians who will fly with me during the training and assignments I give them. I have Harry to protect and look after then there is my personal vendetta in killing Voldemort, aka Tom Riddle. 

I have never felt so alone in my life and I do wonder what would have been like if I didn't have such a thirst for Voldemort's death. Would I be queen already? Would I have gotten my wings? But if I did get my wings before being Harry's protector then I wouldn't have met Harry.

The boy just wants to be loved and safe, live a normal wizard life. Yet, he has to battle for his life every day as someone or something is trying to kill him. The past two years I have tried in my power to protect the boy but some personal duties got in the way of that.

Not to mention, if I possibly have a mate anywhere in this green and magical world. I never thought of it fully, finding my mate. Yeah, I feel like I shouldn't go looking for them, they should find me. Even if they did find me I don't think I deserve to be loved since my parents, my uncle, my kin left me alone. 

I am not blaming my parents for fighting the dark forces nor dying but leaving me at such a young age. Fighting till the end got them killed and that leaves me here to do all the learning on my own.

I sigh and turn on my right side, my arm bent under my head acting as a pillow under my hair. Can I love again or be loved for all that I do? I beg for fate to give me that chance but will I know when it happens?

We as guardians are royal blooded Veelas and vera (male veelas). A normal veela and vera are rare in the wizarding world and merging our kinds like that might cause consequences but love is love whether fate decides it to be fit enough.

'I just want everything to be right' a single tear falls out of my eye as I fall asleep.

*Awe, poor thing. Can she be loved or does she not deserve it?

Comment down below and read on to find out.*